So far, just an expensive piece of useless plastic

8BitPixel

Ok, I've had my nano for around 6 months now.

Do you know what I've got out of it so far? - NOTHING what so ever besides stress and distrust.

The most I've got out of it is I've got internet connection sharing working and SSID scanning. Absolutely nothing else.

I've followed these tutorials:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iZcZcIxGs8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=16&v=eHnQwTCKe2o

and a couple of others.

So, I followed the tutorials to the letter, several times in fact and I continually get ZERO results.
I can add clients to the filter list, I can issue deauth attacks - besides that absolutely nothing else happens.
I can see in the logs that clients probe the pineapple in order to connect but no associations, even after several deauth attacks.
I've updated the firmware (version 2) and still the same problem.

I did this a few months ago and got frustrated with it and gave up, this weekend thought I'd give it another go and the same problems again.

Yeah ok I'm new to this (pineapple) but I'm getting to the point of giving up for good.

Can someone please help me?
Thanks

1 hour ago, 8BitPixel said:

Yeah ok I'm new to this (pineapple) but I'm getting to the point of giving up for good.

Can someone please help me?

Also - If you can get onto irc.hak5.org/6697 #pineapple and fancy a general chat about the pineapples. I'm online reasonably frequently and am happy to talk about the pineapple basics.

It helps alot if you know how the devices works along with how wifi itself works.  I had a lot of problems in the beginning also but now that I have done the research and have a better understanding of how both of these things work, I havent had any problems since.  Im going on a year with my Pineapples and im still learning things here and there about it.

23 hours ago, Foxtrot said:

Are the probes that your device is seeing from encrypted access points? Generate a debug.log from the Help module and attach it here.

Thanks for the reply :)

Sorry, which help module? The 'Help' option just comes up like a help file not an evident way to create a log file.
I can create a single log from the Logging menu but that seems to just be for the PineAP Log results and nothing else.

I can copy/paste the results into a txt file but there doesn't seem to be an option to export to log file.

20 hours ago, b0N3z said:

It helps alot if you know how the devices works along with how wifi itself works.  I had a lot of problems in the beginning also but now that I have done the research and have a better understanding of how both of these things work, I havent had any problems since.  Im going on a year with my Pineapples and im still learning things here and there about it.

'It helps alot if you know how the devices work'
This is true.
Which is where the tutorials come in.. surely?

I know how wifi works. I setup WAN, mesh networks etc.

'I had a lot of problems in the beginning'.
Comforting on some level that I'm not alone but surely the Tutorials For Beginners should be at least 'adequate' to teach ANY noob on how to setup and use the damn things!

Don't get me wrong, I've spend probably longer than I expected on youtube and the wifipineapple.com FAQ/Wikis etc yet all of them seem to miss several critical points - I.E the bit that makes this expensive bit of plastic do as expected.
I don't expect to just plug it in, press a button and it does everything, however, I would have expected a 'beginners' tutorial to at least teach me how to do the basics. Seems I expected too much

I was going to pass this up but after seeing it for a couple of days decided to comment.  Judging by your original post you may not be understanding how the exploit you are trying to pull off works.

So, just going off of the original here, is what might be happening.

First, have you tried to connect to the open wifi that comes up when pineap is on?  If you can and get online when ICS is on then that is working.

The auto connect stuff you are attempting has some requirements for it to work.  The pineAP/mana/karma attack you are attempting only works if the device in question has a remembered access point that has no security (open) and probed for it.  If the probes the pineapple is responding to is WPA, they will not connect due to you not knowing their WPA password.  WEP will not either unless you know the WEP key and have an access point set to WEP with that key and SSID.

So, if the victim does not have a open starbucks, xfinity or what not remembered in their device and does not send out the probe for such device, you will not be able to entice it to connect to you.

Archived