Changing NETMODE mid payload

nullhead

1 hour ago, Sebkinne said:

Absolutely. Currently we recommend a "sleep 5" after running NETMODE to let everything settle, but in the next update we'll have NETMODE wait automatically. 

Seb - personally, I prefer that you don't have an auto sleep or if you do - the means to shorten it.  In some cases, perhaps quicker  could work and be preferable OR other things could be done while waiting.   Also, Automatically would be a problem for those who actually followed your current recommendation.  Just my thoughts, no big deal though.

1 hour ago, Struthian said:

Seb - personally, I prefer that you don't have an auto sleep or if you do - the means to shorten it.  In some cases, perhaps quicker  could work and be preferable OR other things could be done while waiting.   Also, Automatically would be a problem for those who actually followed your current recommendation.  Just my thoughts, no big deal though.

We'll probably have a flag to override it, but that would still require intervention from our users. 

Because it makes sense that NETMODE waits until the network stack has restarted, we do want that to be the default behavior. 

Plus, 5 seconds is more than enough. Having NETMODE block until it's done might bring that down to less than two seconds. 

On 1/11/2018 at 11:49 AM, Sebkinne said:

We'll probably have a flag to override it, but that would still require intervention from our users. 

Because it makes sense that NETMODE waits until the network stack has restarted, we do want that to be the default behavior. 

Plus, 5 seconds is more than enough. Having NETMODE block until it's done might bring that down to less than two seconds. 

It's true. Besides, couldn't you run it in the background anyway?

NETMODE BRIDGE &

Archived