I give the Packet Squirrel an external power supply

tangquan

53 minutes ago, tangquan said:

I give the Packet Squirrel an external power supply, the specific power supply situation。USB interface, the output voltage of DC 5V, the output current is not greater than 500 mA. ?

Not sure if your asking for the power consumption of the packet squirrel (120mA) or the max power output from the USB socket of the packet squirrel? (unknown mA)

USB supplies are typically 2- 2.5 amperes at most.  The cables are not rated for more.  Some computers don't have that much current available at the USB A ports.

As stated, the Squirrel uses 120 ma.   Whatever you get from the USB A port of the squirrel would be the available input current - 120ma used by the squirrel.  Putting more than 2-2.5 amperes through any USB device could cause damage or even a fire.    All of this is pretty much common sense and based on general USB specifications and basic concepts of electricity.  I don't understand why you think the "output current is not greater than 500 ma".    

Giving it an external supply is necessary. It requires one.  USB A port or a quality wall module is typically all you need.

Archived