Internet connection sharing with Nano and Tetra

plubowicz

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive been having problems with ubuntu 17.10 also.  some browsers will say no connection (firefox) while others work just fine (chrome) but once I disconnect my internet gets all wonky and I usually restart the pc

I followed the instructions and was able to connect my pineapple to the internet but now im having trouble doing so after now its the next day and ive rebooted.The Pineapple is not able to connect threw my laptop and on to my wireless router and onto the internet anymore.--firewall is turned off ---My wifi wireless under IPv4 interface is configured for DNS and sharing is allowed to connect threw it but there isn't an option in windows 10 to select my WiFi pineapple---my WiFi pineapple connection under IPv4 settings is "IP address: 172.16.42.42 255.255.255.0" no default gateway and DNS settings is set for a preferred DNS server or Alternate DNS server is not set. Thanks for the help.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Just got my Pineapple in the mail today! Though am having an issue with the initial setup process. I was able to connect to the device via USB and get the Firmware updated to 2.0.2 etc...The problem I am having is trying to setup the ICS with the WP6 script advertised through the setup video. I am able to complete the Guided setup without issue, but when I attempt to hit "C" to connect, the script just sits on Detecting WiFiPineapple and never seems to find it, even though it says it detects it during the Guided Setup.

I initially had to setup ifmetrics to lower the wlan0 interface as to allow me to actually use my home wifi in order to connect to the internet as the metrics for the eth1(usb) to the pineapple were scoring lower which in turn prioritized the non-internet connection to the Pineapple over the wlan0 one with connectivity.

I am running the newest build of Kali 2 on a dedicated laptop so not in a VM. I have an internal wireless card plus the USB booster one that came with my Tetra Boost bundle if that information helps at all. I would really appreciate any suggestions in getting this resolved, I tried already searching google and the forums here, but none seemed to match the exact issue I was facing.

Ok, well out of some trial and error and a few restarts later I found a temporary solution/fix. While the wp6 script is stuck on Detecting WiFi Pineapple, I just tried unplugging and plugging it back in via the USB cord and viola, it detected it and is sharing the internet like it is supposed to.

Any thoughts on what I may have been doing wrong? lol

I now have both the Nano and Tetra (yay me), and I went to do the firmware update on both. I connected my tetra to the system that I normally use it with and it connected fine to the internet (via internet shareing on my LAN NIC).  Then I tried to the same with my nano, this did require me to go through the basic internet sharing step again. This time it did not work and i cannot get the tetra working again either. I tried on another system with the same results.  Any thought on where I messed up? and what is need to run both devices on the same laptop?

Archived