Internet connection sharing with Nano and Tetra

plubowicz

26 minutes ago, rem700 said:

do I need to have this connected to my switch at all times in order for it to run or can I unplug the cat5 cable?

once up to date and you have installed the modules you want you could unplug from the router,  BUT depending on what your doing being online could either be not required,  useful, a massive advantage or may even be 100% necessary.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Currently you have a router plugged into a switch which has the Pineapple running underneath it. Dual-router network, watchu hackers gonna do about it :ph34r:

You could start doing some pentesting on your own network if you wanted to. Do some Wireshark/Nmap-ing or do something a bit more fancy like a MITM attack on your on PC.

• 2 weeks later...

Brand new to Hak5. Using a Wifi Pineapple Tetra with Ubuntu. Following the setup instructions and everything works smoothly... yet at the end of setup I cannot load the bulletins on the dashboard. The only thing I can think of is if my wp6 setup is incorrect. I used the default settings. I'm behind a university proxy so I'm not sure if that has any additional setup needed... The wp6 script even properly detects the pineapple but still no luck. The pineapple is connected via the y-shaped eth cord to a desktop computer that is running on live ethernet. Any help is much appreciated!

13 hours ago, Foxtrot said:

The default settings are probably incorrect. Please post the output of "ifconfig" on the ubuntu machine and the values you entered into the script.

wp6 Settings:

Step 1 of 3: Select Default Gateway
    Default gateway reported as 192.168.254.1
    Use the above reported default gateway?             [Y/n]? Y

Step 2 of 3: Select Internet Interface
    Internet interface reported as eth0
    Use the above reported Internet interface?          [Y/n]? Y

Step 3 of 3: Select WiFi Pineapple Interface
    Please connect the WiFi Pineapple to this computer.
    ..........[Checking]
    Detected WiFi Pineapple on interface eth1
    Use the above detected WiFi Pineapple interface?    [Y/n]? Y

Settings saved.

Saved Settings: Share Internet connection from eth0
    to WiFi Pineapple at eth1 through default gateway 192.168.254.1

ifconfig Output:

eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:21:5a:25:81:5e  
          inet addr:192.168.254.15  Bcast:192.168.254.255  Mask:255.255.255.0
          inet6 addr: fe80::221:5aff:fe25:815e/64 Scope:Link
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          RX packets:167458 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:91875 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
          RX bytes:172254947 (172.2 MB)  TX bytes:9574052 (9.5 MB)
          Interrupt:19 Memory:f0180000-f01a0000

eth1      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:13:37:a6:40:02  
          inet addr:172.16.42.120  Bcast:172.16.42.255  Mask:255.255.255.0
          inet6 addr: fe80::213:37ff:fea6:4002/64 Scope:Link
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          RX packets:163 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:187 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
          RX bytes:57560 (57.5 KB)  TX bytes:76069 (76.0 KB)

lo        Link encap:Local Loopback  
          inet addr:127.0.0.1  Mask:255.0.0.0
          inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host
          UP LOOPBACK RUNNING  MTU:65536  Metric:1
          RX packets:14615 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:14615 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
          RX bytes:1471173 (1.4 MB)  TX bytes:1471173 (1.4 MB)

looks like the eth1 interface doesn't have the correct 172.16.42.42 IP that the pineapple is expecting. But to be fair I think there is something going on with ubuntu's networking and/or the wp6.sh script recently as I have also had some issues with it on fresh installs.

To get my kali to work regularly and the script to work each time I had to do some tweaks and I documented them here. If nothing else works for you try this, maybe  it also works for you.

Hey, I've had 0 help whatsoever VIA support, I've recently bought the Elite Kit for $500 and along with it, came the WiFi Pineapple - TETRA and I can NOT get it to work at ALL! If I were to say I'm a bit angry that would be a severe understatement, if I buy something I really want it to work, I've read the whole manual and tried literally everything that its said to either attempt to connect it & or just have it work. I can get to the Pineapple Portal just fine (and inb4 everyone asks) Yes, I have downloaded the latest firmware / and tried it on more than one platform to configure it IE Linux, Yet to no avail. Id appreciate if someone would help with the situation as in my mind I'm thinking id rather just get my money back. Don't get me wrong Id love the product if it was working because it sounds like an amazing and fun tool but at the moment, that's not the case.

3 minutes ago, SendHelp said:

Hey, I've had 0 help whatsoever VIA support, I've recently bought the Elite Kit for $500 and along with it, came the WiFi Pineapple - TETRA and I can NOT get it to work at ALL! If I were to say I'm a bit angry that would be a severe understatement, if I buy something I really want it to work, I've read the whole manual and tried literally everything that its said to either attempt to connect it & or just have it work. I can get to the Pineapple Portal just fine (and inb4 everyone asks) Yes, I have downloaded the latest firmware / and tried it on more than one platform to configure it IE Linux, Yet to no avail. Id appreciate if someone would help with the situation as in my mind I'm thinking id rather just get my money back. Don't get me wrong Id love the product if it was working because it sounds like an amazing and fun tool but at the moment, that's not the case.

If you can get on IRC we can chat real time  and work our way through the steps if you like.\

Server = irc.hak5.org

Channel = #hak5

• 1 month later...

Hey Guys,

I’m not sure what’s going on.  Weird stuff.  The ICS is causing problems with Windows and the Pineapple Tetra.  How do I upload screen shots?

I’m not sure if my ISP is just not letting me ICS.  They said the modem/router is bridged.

Well, in this case check the hardware as the problem might be related to the network card, routers, USB wireless dongle and others. So first disconnect the network cables and then reconnect it.

Also check the network card drivers and update them, apart from that check whether your Windows Airplane mode is turned ON, and turn it off.

However to know more read this: www.fixwindowserrors.biz/blog/resolve-unidentified-network-error-on-windows-10

• 2 weeks later...

Attempting to set up Internet connection sharing on a tetra after initially  updating the firmware.  I have run the script wp6.sh and run both the guided setup as well as the manual setup and was unsuccessful. When running the manual setup I select the wifi pineapple interface of enx001337a681a6    172.16.42.234/24 and for the internet interface I chose my wireless interface of wlp2s0    192.168.0.62/24 and then my default gateway of 192.168.0.1. After the script completes I return to the pineapple dashboard and click load bulletins from wifipineapple.com and receive the error Error connecting to WiFiPineapple.com. Please check your connection.  Thanks in advance

2 hours ago, niaz said:

Attempting to set up Internet connection sharing on a tetra after initially  updating the firmware.  I have run the script wp6.sh and run both the guided setup as well as the manual setup and was unsuccessful. When running the manual setup I select the wifi pineapple interface of enx001337a681a6    172.16.42.234/24 and for the internet interface I chose my wireless interface of wlp2s0    192.168.0.62/24 and then my default gateway of 192.168.0.1. After the script completes I return to the pineapple dashboard and click load bulletins from wifipineapple.com and receive the error Error connecting to WiFiPineapple.com. Please check your connection.  Thanks in advance

What OS are you using?

Archived