The Nano doesn't get the IP-Adress during setup

Lespablos_

Hey Guys 

I got the Pineapple Nano on christmas but somehow when I try to setup on my raspberry pi running kali, it doesn't get the IP-Adress so I can't reach it on my browser. 

Does anyone know why this is happening? I tried to reset and also searched online for more than an hour without success. 

Thanks a lot for your responses, 

Best regards 

lespablos

15 hours ago, Lespablos_ said:

Hey Guys 

I got the Pineapple Nano on christmas but somehow when I try to setup on my raspberry pi running kali, it doesn't get the IP-Adress so I can't reach it on my browser. 

Does anyone know why this is happening? I tried to reset and also searched online for more than an hour without success. 

Thanks a lot for your responses, 

Best regards 

lespablos

Have you tried the pineapple on another machine? or on the raspberry Pi running Raspbian?

if you are trying to fully power the nano from a pi, its not a suggested idea as the pi might not be able to provide enough power for the nano.  This is what I have experienced in my testing. quick fix is just plug the y cable into the pi and a battery.

On 31.12.2017 at 3:14 PM, Just_a_User said:

Have you tried the pineapple on another machine? or on the raspberry Pi running Raspbian?

I tried on my Laptop on a virtual machine that worked without any problems.  The problem was the power supply because after I used a powerbank on the y-cable it worked. Thanks for your help

23 hours ago, b0N3z said:

if you are trying to fully power the nano from a pi, its not a suggested idea as the pi might not be able to provide enough power for the nano.  This is what I have experienced in my testing. quick fix is just plug the y cable into the pi and a battery.

Thanks solved my problem.

Archived