Clients can't connect to my Pineapple Tetra

Max2

Hi, I am quit new with Pineapple, I bought it several weeks ago and today I did the upgrade to the latest release and it seems that I have a problem. I cant connect to the open AP neither by cellphone nor by a laptop. In the laptop I receive the message "cannot connect to this network" and in the phone it is just says  "saved" and nothing else. I can connect to the management AP without any problem.

I did factory reset, but nothing changed.

Any suggestions, what might be a problem?

Thank you,

I am having an issue with the Pinapple Tetra.  I set up everything as the instructions stated.  I am sharing my internet connection with the wifi pinapple and have changed my wifi pineapple to a static ip of 172.16.42.42.  When I go into the PineAP and allow associations and broadcast SSID to rebroadcast the secured wifi signals in the air it does rebroadcast, but when I try to connect from another device to the open wifi from the wifi pineapple it says authentication error occured and will not connect to my wifi pineapple.  The wifi pineapple is getting a internet connection, its just no clients can connect to the wifi pineapple.  What am I doing wrong here???

Ok I got that working by changing the filters to allow mode.  Now I'm having a different issue.  When i set up the open SSID under the networking tab and set up the wifi client mode to connect to my home internet.  I can then connect my phone to the pinapple with the open SSID.  Now, when I go to use the PineAP and enable the Daemon it turns off the wifi client mode.  The PineAP rebroadcasts the SSID pool but now my phone won't connect to the pineapple through one of the rebroadcasted SSIDs.  Why does this keep happening?

• 1 month later...

I have this same problem with my Pineapple Tera. Everything is setup and see the broadcast SSID but when the clients try to connect it will not allow them to connect. I am using the 2.02 firmware and cannot get any clients to connect even when I try and join the insecure SSID's manually. I tried both Win10 and iPhone devices. Anyone know why I can't get any clients to connect?

Keep in mind:

Allow Mode means that only clients with their SSID or MAC in the filter will be able to connect. This means if your set filters to Allow and your filters are empty, no devices will be able to connect.

Deny Mode means that clients with their SSID or MAC in the filter will not be able to connect. This means if your filters are set to Deny and your filters are empty, all devices will be able to connect.

It took me longer than I care to admit to figure this out, hope it helps

• 5 months later...

I am facing the very same problem, I have added the MAC address to my Client Filtering which is in allow mode and am broadcasting the SSID which has been added to the SSID pool but whenever i Deauth  a client from that network it dose disconnect but when it connects back it would connect to the same network and not to my pineapple, any help would be appropriated. 

Thank you... ? 

2 minutes ago, Proclus said:

but whenever i Deauth  a client from that network it dose disconnect but when it connects back it would connect to the same network and not to my pineapple

That's normal behavior if trying to do this against a wpa2-psk AP. your spoofed AP with the same BSSID will have different encryption so cant connect. you can only spoof a WPA2-psk AP if you already know the password and make an Evil Twin. The fun comes from Open stuff and now WPA2 Enterprise.

19 minutes ago, Proclus said:

I am using the device on the same network as the pineapple and using WPA-PSK but am still not able to have the device connect to me.

What device? what same network?

if your doing an evil twin you need to match everything AND have a stronger signal to the client than the original router.

I am using the pineapple on my laptop running windows 10 sharing the internet connection with my home network, the device i am trying to get to connect to is my phone on my home network which did not work, I tried connecting my phone to the hotspot and was able to scan for it and deauth it but had the same result as it reconnected to the network and not my pineapple. 

5 minutes ago, Proclus said:

i am trying to get to connect to is my phone on my home network which did not work

Do you use a dual band router and phone? some phones can switch to 5ghz then back.

7 minutes ago, Proclus said:

I tried connecting my phone to the hotspot and was able to scan for it and deauth it

I dont understand this part

The hotspot on my phone to share internet with other devices through WIFI so i was able to detect that with the recon and the client connected to it and add it to the poo; but after i deauth the client on that wireless connection it again connected to the original network and not my pineapple.

1 minute ago, Proclus said:

i deauth the client on that wireless connection it again connected to the original network and not my pineapple

By default the pineapple spoofs an open network from the SSID pool. if you are trying this against a WPA2-PSK AP the encryption type is different to the original so your device will not connect.

6 minutes ago, Proclus said:

so dose it mean that if the network is using an encryption I won't be able to get the user to connect to my pineapple ?

that's not the way the pineapples work best, but it is possible under certain circumstances and manual configuration.

• 10 months later...
On 2/20/2018 at 5:58 PM, The Power Company said:

Keep in mind:

Allow Mode means that only clients with their SSID or MAC in the filter will be able to connect. This means if your set filters to Allow and your filters are empty, no devices will be able to connect.

Deny Mode means that clients with their SSID or MAC in the filter will not be able to connect. This means if your filters are set to Deny and your filters are empty, all devices will be able to connect.

It took me longer than I care to admit to figure this out, hope it helps

Thank you for this post!! I was having issues too but did not know that BOTH MAC and SSID filters needed to be filled out. But now that I have a phone connected to the Pineapple... I can't seem to get the phone to access the internet. Even though the Pineapple can get out to the internet.

• 3 months later...
On 10/19/2019 at 7:33 AM, Nyctop said:

I have diffrent problem; clients connects to my pineapple but they are not obtaining any IP's always ( IP )section is NO ip ? how can I fix that ? 

How do you have your white/black list config setup.  If you have it set to whitelist then only device MACs in the pool will be able to connect and obtain an IP. 

11 hours ago, Jarwolf said:

What configuration will need to be done for this to work?

You would need to know the network password then configure a spoofed AP with the same SSID, encryption type, and password.  Then you would need to deauth the target AP to get devices to then connect to your spoofed AP.  This is not really the intended setup for the wifi pineapple.

Archived