wireless wii sensorbar in a dvd box :P

DLSS

ok so i was watching some vids bout making wireless wii sensorbars on youtube and some wii modding sites most however didnt look to great ....

so last night i thought why not mod one into a dvd-box ? (or 2)

so in theory this should work ->

circuit-wireless-wii-sensorbar.png

i'll take a pic of my design when i find my camera

her's a craptastic sketch i did in ps ->

sketch.png

basically the led's should stick out on the side of the DVD box wich would lie flat under or on your tv , also there'd be a hole in 1 side of the dvd box (when it lie's flat teh upperside) where the 9v battery would b able to stick out.

Nice idea, a DVD box is a nice case for something like this, very clean, small... to save needing to have a large battery though you could either have AA batteries (6x1.5v = 9v, which would actually last longer than a single 9v battery) or you could us one of those small power sockets you find on some low powered electrical items (like a smaller, less heavy duty version of the ones you find on laptops for the charger socket).

The only question I have though is how's the signal gonna get from this device to the Ninty?

|                                                                          

|                                                                            

,____________________________________,

|__(  )__(  )__(  )__(  )__(  )__(  )__(  )__(  )__|

|_____________________________________|

Hey, looks like my old serial modem ;)

|                                                                          

|                                                                            

|                                                               [(-)]    |

(-)--(?--(+) Centre positive, 9v DC

That's about it, right?

Nice idea, a DVD box is a nice case for something like this, very clean, small... to save needing to have a large battery though you could either have AA batteries (6x1.5v = 9v, which would actually last longer than a single 9v battery) or you could us one of those small power sockets you find on some low powered electrical items (like a smaller, less heavy duty version of the ones you find on laptops for the charger socket).

The only question I have though is how's the signal gonna get from this device to the Ninty?

|                                                                          

|                                                                            

|__(  )__(  )__(  )__(  )__(  )__(  )__(  )__(  )__|

Hey, looks like my old serial modem ;)

|                                                                          

|                                                                            

|                                                               [(-)]    |

(-)--(?--(+) Centre positive, 9v DC

That's about it, right?

exactly (nice ascii art !)

it doesnt need to transfer anything back to the wii thats a misknowner ....

all the cable does is supply the ir-leds of power (original wii sensor bar has 10 leds total useing a imput from the wii of +/- 11v , but it works just as well with less leds and thus less power , there are people building some with only 2 leds working perfectly , but i like accuracy ...

here's a example of a wii sensor bar on a perf board ->

all the sensorbar really is is a few lights to help the wiimote locate itself to the screen ...

u can even replace teh sensor bar with 2 candles ....

(again see youtube)

Wouldn't accuracy be improved when you place the LEDs further apart?

That would seem the more obvious suggestion to me in this scenario. It's a lot easier to tell if something is level when that something is longer.