How to open Google Chrome in a new window?

eKg1

Hello everyone!

I recently ordered a Rubber Ducky and while I wait for it to get here I thought I would start setting up a script. What I want to do in short is the following..

1. Open Powershell as Admin 

2. Bypass UAC ✔

3. Change the PS window size ✔

4. Open Google Chrome in a NEW window, not as a new tab. The reasoning behind this is because I would like to open the Chrome window in front of the PS window so it can be hidden during script execution. I would potentially even want to open 3 or 4 tabs in the new window. I spent quite a bit of time trying to figure out how to open a new window but most of the time I could only open a new tab. (Yes, I had Chrome open during testing of the command via powershell.

Any suggestions/improvements/ideas are greatly appreciated! I look forward to unleashing the DUCK.

DELAY 1000
GUI r
DELAY 100
STRING powershell Start-Process powershell -Verb runAs
ENTER
DELAY 2000
ALT y
DELAY 1000
REM Obfuscate the powershell window
STRING mode con:cols=18 lines=1
ENTER
STRING Start-Process "chrome.exe" "www.google.com" 

12 hours ago, n00shE said:

The following should open a new window.

Add lines after with web addresses to open tabs in that new window.

Start-Process "chrome.exe"

n00shE,

Thank you for the suggestion but this will only add a new tab to Chrome if Chrome is already opened. I am wanting to open a new window only, not a new tab. :lol:

17 minutes ago, eKg1 said:

n00shE,

Thank you for the suggestion but this will only add a new tab to Chrome if Chrome is already opened. I am wanting to open a new window only, not a new tab. :lol:

Hm, Well, I may be completely wrong here. It's strange, when I run "Start-Process "Chrome.exe"" on another machine, it pulls up Chrome in a separate window when Chrome is ALREADY open, but on my current machine it opens in a new tab when Chrome is open. Maybe I'm just crazy. Thanks for the help.:wacko:

• 3 years later...

I have this to open a new window in one of my scripts, where $Browser is declared above:

Start-Process $Browser ('--new-window',  '--start-maximized', 'about:blank') -ErrorVariable Test 

Then to open more tabs in that same window, I use this, where $URL is pulled from an array:

Start-Process $Browser $URL -ErrorVariable Test

NOTE:  This works with Edge, Chrome and Firefox.  It does not work with IE.  IE requires COM-Object coding to open tabs in the new window you opened in the first line.  Otherwise the URLs you expect to be in new tabs all open in new windows.