Trying to set up WiFi Client Mode

Capsos

Another problem all. Trying to set I'm WFP to my local network for internet however in the drop down box it only gives me wlan1 option but the note below states "using wlan1 will interfere with pineap" how can I get more options ??

thinking the same, get option of wlan1mon only, used to get multiple options so i could select my usb dongle for client internet, are we missing something :)

1 hour ago, Capsos said:

Another problem all. Trying to set I'm WFP to my local network for internet however in the drop down box it only gives me wlan1 option but the note below states "using wlan1 will interfere with pineap" how can I get more options ??

6 minutes ago, hackabus said:

thinking the same, get option of wlan1mon only, used to get multiple options so i could select my usb dongle for client internet, are we missing something :)

Use a different adapter, The pineapples only have drivers for some devices so not every one will work.

What adapter are you trying?

I'm now trying to  sharing the connection from my laptop WiFi incoming  connection to my Lan on the WiFi Pineapple as shown here 

However my laptop  WiFi connection is working fine but still no internet on my WiFi Pineapple ?

3 hours ago, Just_a_User said:

Use a different adapter, The pineapples only have drivers for some devices so not every one will work.

What adapter are you trying?

im using the mini adaptor that came with the nano kit :(

No I've unplugged it multiple times and never had more than wlan1

I've also tried connecting the pineapple to my home network for internet on the only option of wlan1 and it works but when I try to set up my iPhone to the new test open network the iPhone comes up with "Unable to Connect to ....."

2 hours ago, Just_a_User said:

If you unplug it and reboot the nano. When its back up and you plug it back in does it then populate wlan2?

i'll give that a shot cheers buddy

1 hour ago, Capsos said:

No I've unplugged it multiple times and never had more than wlan1

What adapter are you using?

1 hour ago, Capsos said:

but when I try to set up my iPhone to the new test open network the iPhone comes up with "Unable to Connect to ....."

Did you already add your device to the filter or change the filter mode?

Depending on the adapter you might have to install some drivers which means you need an internet connection.  The rt5370 and rt3070 worked fine on the nano for me but I had to install drivers for the tetra 

4 hours ago, b0N3z said:

Depending on the adapter you might have to install some drivers which means you need an internet connection.  The rt5370 and rt3070 worked fine on the nano for me but I had to install drivers for the tetra 

14 hours ago, Just_a_User said:

If you unplug it and reboot the nano. When its back up and you plug it back in does it then populate wlan2?

Hi both, no still no joy after unplugging rebooting etc, it seems the mini adaptor i got with the nano tatical kit no longer wprks with the update, gutted :( going to try a couple of other adaptors i have laying about, does anyone know what drivers i would need for the mini adaptor, and im persuming the only way to install them is via ssh cheers all :)

7 hours ago, b0N3z said:

I have no additional adaptors plugged in. It's just the nano plugged into the Y lead it came with and that is plugged into the USB2 port on my Toshiba laptop. I did have to install a driver so the Lab Connection showed up with it. 

6 minutes ago, Capsos said:

I have no additional adaptors plugged in. It's just the nano plugged into the Y lead it came with and that is plugged into the USB2 port on my Toshiba laptop. I did have to install a driver so the Lab Connection showed up with it. 

as far as im aware you have to have an additional wifi adaptor or internet enabled device ie android phone plugged into the bottom usb drive to offer client connectivity as wlan2, i may be wrong tho,

New update. ! I now have internet from my laptop's shared connection. I have my open SSID showing on a iPhone 5 but when I click to connect to it I have a info bubble popup saying "Unable to connect" 

yes check filters, male sure either set to deny or if keeping allow, make sure you specify the mac address of your iphone

remember setting it to deny will probe every available device within range, which is illegal if its not your devices

Archived