Can't connect to open ssid

Hothur

So the title pretty much somes it up. I have setup my WiFi pineapple nano to the latest firmware after factory firmware from the recovery process ,I received it used from a family member. Everything is fine and I attempt a basic hack with Dwall but to setup you have to use the open ssid to connect client to your open network. However my windows pc won't wirelessly connect to the open access point (I'm using my phone to command the device over usb to intercept http ) but unfortunately windows says it cannot connect to the network

So go to the filters tab in your pineapple then Chang both settings to deny. This means any Mac address in the list will not be able to connect to your pineapple. If you have allow you will have to add the Mac address of the d vice you want to connect

I had the same problem with not being able to connect and had to change the filters to deny mode and that worked.  However, I set up the open ssid under the network tab and connected to the wifi client mode to my home wifi internet connection and i can connect to the pineapple through the open ssid, but whenever I use the PineAP  and allow associations and rebroadcasting of the SSIDs and then try to connect to one of the rebroadcasted SSID it wont connect and it says internet may not be available.  Any idea why I can't connect to one of the rebroadcasted SSIDs?

• 3 months later...
On 12/30/2017 at 7:43 PM, David908 said:

I had the same problem with not being able to connect and had to change the filters to deny mode and that worked.  However, I set up the open ssid under the network tab and connected to the wifi client mode to my home wifi internet connection and i can connect to the pineapple through the open ssid, but whenever I use the PineAP  and allow associations and rebroadcasting of the SSIDs and then try to connect to one of the rebroadcasted SSID it wont connect and it says internet may not be available.  Any idea why I can't connect to one of the rebroadcasted SSIDs?

bump

• 2 years later...

Archived