Constant flashing LED, possibly bricked?

JRoh

I got my Pineapple as a gift and i think it has bricked i cant seem to get it working now i am just so confused as i was really looking forward to using this. The firmware has been updated to 2.0.1. It was working at first then all of a sudden it looks like its just bricked and the led light keeps flashing. i cant doing anything, cannot connect to web interface or SSH. i have followed the recovery steps and still nothing. i am using windows 10, I have given the pineapple IPv4 settings as 192.168.1.2 255.255.255.0 but can't connect to http://192.168.1.1 but i am able to ping 192.168.1.1.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

17 hours ago, Foxtrot said:

Hi JRoh,

Sorry you're having issue with your gift, especially on Christmas! Please ensure you have a microSD card inserted into the NANO before booting.

Cheers,

Foxtrot

Since using a SD card, this has helped, thank you!!!

Foxtrot this may be a stupid newbie question but i have downloaded the new firmware directly from the website as it wouldn't check for upgrades in the advanced tab on the web interface. how do i implement the update?

cheers

1 hour ago, JRoh said:

Foxtrot this may be a stupid newbie question but i have downloaded the new firmware directly from the website as it wouldn't check for upgrades in the advanced tab on the web interface. how do i implement the update?

cheers

Wouldn’t check how? You can scp the upgrade file to the devices /tmp/ folder and execute “sysupgrade -n /tmp/upgrade-2.0.2.bin”. Be patient with the device while it flashes ;)

(172.16.42.1 Web Interface > Advanced > Firmware Upgrade) This is error message: Error connecting to WiFiPineapple.com. Please check your connection.

I have applied the network sharing between my laptops NIC to the Pineapple and changed the static IPv4 settings to 172.16.42.42 255.255.255.0 but still nothing, i cant even check for bulletins or even modules.

Archived