My Prediciton of the Future

hillmiester

Well I had a little bit of spare time and I thought I would write up the thoughts I have had for over a year now about how I see the computer world in 20 - 30 years from now. It may even happen sooner but I just estimated logically that lenght of time.

My Prediction: http://joehill.co.uk/index.php?option=com_...=view&id=25

What do you guys think?

Thinking far to small there. For anyone who had a personal computer in the early 90's we've seen far more change in the last 15years. Your predictions might come true in the next few years, but not everywhere. 20-30 years down the line things will be wildly advanced beyond anything in your article.

You need to look at things like the Balkanisation of the web, potential wars the US might not come out of to well. (imagine if Asia/china took over the mantle of global super power, it would lead to a radically different direction than if america remains there). Things like OLED,s eINK, flexible displays etc

Also, think of net access as becoming more of a human rights issue, akin to water/power. Think about goverment crackdowns on free speech (a real issue in the west now) and how that will effect things.

In my view there will always be a place for having your own systems, maybe a big server in your basement and a variation on a dynamic PAN network.

Good start though, wish i had more time to do a more detailed comment.