EndLess Blinking Light

Malachai

Hello all, 

I think i just F my nano don't  know how. After watching Darren video on how to upgrade the firmware everything seem to be working. I got to the screen where you input your password for the wpa and your log in page. It took the password and reset it self. I disconnected the device and place it on the battery tried to connect to it using the wifi and it would not accept my password I assign. Tried so many times that I gave up and said let me reset it and try again. 

Once I help the reset button for about 6 sec i seen the blue light turn off then it looked like it was restarting. Well i was wrong because it keep blinking fast and has not stopped. I looked around the forum. I found this thread that darren had replied back about how to reset the nano using the firmware page. 

I followed those steps and installed the firmware again. It restarted but it's still blinking away not stoping. 

Please help me if anyone has had this happen to them. 

Thanks, 

3 minutes ago, Lassmanac said:

I'm having the same issue with my brand new nano. Went thru initial setup just fine. Had no issues for a day... Today? Brick. Fast blinking light. Can't reset. Can't anything. 

Hey Lassmanac,

I'm sorry you're having an issue with your NANO. Have you tried the factory reset instructions at https://wifipineapple.com/pages/faq#collapseSix?

4 minutes ago, Foxtrot said:

Hey Lassmanac,

I'm sorry you're having an issue with your NANO. Have you tried the factory reset instructions at https://wifipineapple.com/pages/faq#collapseSix?

It doesn't appear to fully boot. I've tried reset button for 7 seconds.. no joy.

I've also unplugged it, depressed the reset button and plugged back in. LED stays solid, but no interface access. 

I'm currently do not have a laptop. Working from Android..

2 minutes ago, Lassmanac said:

It doesn't appear to fully boot. I've tried reset button for 7 seconds.. no joy.

I've also unplugged it, depressed the reset button and plugged back in. LED stays solid, but no interface access. 

I'm currently do not have a laptop. Working from Android..

Hey Lassmanac,

Sorry, I suggest trying the "Firmware Recovery" instructions, but you will need a laptop or desktop to do that.

Kind Regards

I have the same problem i've just started using mine today and the firmware has been updated to 2.0.1. It was working at first then all of a sudden it looks like its just bricked and the led light keeps flashing. i cant doing anything, cannot connect to web interface or SSH. i have followed the recovery steps and still nothing. i am using windows 10, I have given the pineapple IPv4 settings as 192.168.1.2 255.255.255.0 but can't connect to http://192.168.1.1 but i am able to ping 192.168.1.1. I got the Pineapple as a gift for christmas now it doesnt want to work, i am just so confused as i was really looking forward to using this.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Hey Lassmanac, Jroh,

If your issue is a rapidly flashing blue LED, then please try booting the WiFi Pineapple NANO with a microSD card inserted into the device. My apologies for any inconvenience, I know how exciting it is to get new gadgets on Christmas and I want your devices to work for you.

Kind Regards

1 hour ago, Jeff_r said:

I think I'm in the same boat with a fast flickering blue light.  I have tried the factory reset and the firmware recovery with no success.  Is there a special procedure to boot with the microSD inserted?  Thanks

No special procedure, just insert it and boot.

• 2 years later...

To anyone else finding themselves on this page looking for help; the solutions above do work and get the NANO back up and running successfully. Here's what worked for me.

My OS: Windows 10. NANO Software Version: 2.6.2.

Had my NANO give me the fast flashing blue LED light ("Bricked") For an unknown reason when I powered it on (been using for about 2 months with no issues)

I first tried to reformat the SD card with Windows thinking perhaps it became corrupted. No change in the NANO's LED status.

I then tried the factory reset method (press and hold the reset button on the back of the device for 7 seconds) with no change (still flashed blue continuously).

I then followed the link @Foxtrot provided (posted above) to the firmware reset page (https://docs.hak5.org/hc/en-us/articles/360010471774-Firmware-Recovery), downloaded the NANO firmware image to my PC, changed my NANO's IP address, uploaded the firmware image into the NANO via the provided website, changed the NANO's IP address back and the NANO fired right back up with no issues.

PS - Check your power supply. The NANO seems to reset on its own if not given the proper power.

I was using an un-powered external USB hub (the USB hub didn't have it's own power supply, but would pull power from my computer) and was having this problem. It went away after I removed the other USB devices plugged into the hub. The problem also went away when I plugged the NANO directly into my computer.

https://docs.hak5.org/hc/en-us/articles/360010471754-Power-Considerations

• 1 year later...
On 2/22/2020 at 4:11 PM, Idk_Man said:

To anyone else finding themselves on this page looking for help; the solutions above do work and get the NANO back up and running successfully. Here's what worked for me.

My OS: Windows 10. NANO Software Version: 2.6.2.

Had my NANO give me the fast flashing blue LED light ("Bricked") For an unknown reason when I powered it on (been using for about 2 months with no issues)

I first tried to reformat the SD card with Windows thinking perhaps it became corrupted. No change in the NANO's LED status.

I then tried the factory reset method (press and hold the reset button on the back of the device for 7 seconds) with no change (still flashed blue continuously).

I then followed the link @Foxtrot provided (posted above) to the firmware reset page (https://docs.hak5.org/hc/en-us/articles/360010471774-Firmware-Recovery), downloaded the NANO firmware image to my PC, changed my NANO's IP address, uploaded the firmware image into the NANO via the provided website, changed the NANO's IP address back and the NANO fired right back up with no issues.

PS - Check your power supply. The NANO seems to reset on its own if not given the proper power.

I was using an un-powered external USB hub (the USB hub didn't have it's own power supply, but would pull power from my computer) and was having this problem. It went away after I removed the other USB devices plugged into the hub. The problem also went away when I plugged the NANO directly into my computer.

https://docs.hak5.org/hc/en-us/articles/360010471754-Power-Considerations

Been dealing with this issue. Tried all of the above, I know I am getting it into boot mode since I can navigate to the firmware update site. I have tried the nano_factory.bin file as well as newer releases. The device restarts but I just keep getting the endless blinking light. Also have tried different power sources, no change. Currently using a powered USB hub. 

Archived