[RELEASE] WiFi Pineapple Firmware v2.0.2

Sebkinne

14 hours ago, Foxtrot said:

Hey,

Could you share information about your browser configuration, OS and any add-ons/plug-ins you have running.

Cheers

Just updated my samsung android to 7.1.1 with chrome 63.0.3239.111 same issues. Did also fresh install of firefox. Then recon shows some ap and clients but progressbar still stuck at 100%. 

(Still Ssh errors in systemlog.)

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update worked fine, added MAC to allow list, most of it seems to be working well and very responsive, thanks for all the hard work everyone involved, only issues ive seen so far is ettercap wont install and im sure recon used to show connected devices to APs, mine is only showing APs now, no clients, will test properly later but so far so good :) thanks all

13 minutes ago, hackabus said:

Update worked fine, added MAC to allow list, most of it seems to be working well and very responsive, thanks for all the hard work everyone involved, only issues ive seen so far is ettercap wont install and im sure recon used to show connected devices to APs, mine is only showing APs now, no clients, will test properly later but so far so good :) thanks all

weird, clients are working now after a reboot :) awesome

On 12/27/2017 at 7:59 AM, hackabus said:

Does ettercap NOT install or does it install but you cannot install the dependencies?

For ettercap and ngrep I am unable to install the dependencies. It seems to pull the module down from available modules just fine.

Same behavior on NANO as MK5. I am able to pull from Available Modules but not install the dependencies for ettercap and ngrep.

39 minutes ago, TTommy said:

Does ettercap NOT install or does it install but you cannot install the dependencies?

For ettercap and ngrep I am unable to install the dependencies. It seems to pull the module down from available modules just fine.

Same behavior on NANO as MK5. I am able to pull from Available Modules but not install the dependencies for ettercap and ngrep.

i believe its an issue with linking, im sure it was mentioned somewhere on here the other day,  not sure on the outcome tho :(

32 minutes ago, hackabus said:

i believe its an issue with linking, im sure it was mentioned somewhere on here the other day,  not sure on the outcome tho :(

its a hunch. I would need to roll back to 1.1.3 to see what was what.

On 12/26/2017 at 1:41 PM, Foxtrot said:

Hey,

Could you share information about your browser configuration, OS and any add-ons/plug-ins you have running.

Cheers

Hello Foxtrot, has been an update about this issue? Many thanks for your help and happy new year to everyone! Regards.

30 minutes ago, bahaahassanieh said:

PinePA not working as the previous versions ,  no Broadcast SSID Pool , i dont think it's a hardware issue , it was working fine before the update

Both Tetra and Nano are broadcasting SSID pool for me.

Maybe try a factory reset and if that does not work do a Firmware recovery.

On 02/01/2018 at 6:14 PM, NazgulAngmar said:

Hello Foxtrot, has been an update about this issue? Many thanks for your help and happy new year to everyone! Regards.

Unfortunately we have been unable to reproduce this issue in our testing. A debug.log file generated by the "Help" module would be useful.

Hey Hak5 Team ... I don't know whats wrong but the new Firmware doesn't work for me left and right.
(I've re-installed it and factory reset multiple times)

Many of the modules don't work (not installed on SD or internal) for me - one of my most fundamental tools I need is nmap on this device ... with 2.0.2 it doesn't work at all. (not CLI and Web UI). (web ui just not doing anything, via CLI it's nowhere to be found on the device actually. 
Looks like nobody else has an issue with it :| 

Went back to 1.1.3 ... its good - with the quirks it always had. but at least nmap is fine.
<('o'<) ^( '-' )^ (>'o')> v( '.' )v <( ._.)-

neverthless ... thanks for all your work - loving the packet squirrel & at most my beloved bashbunny :3

12 minutes ago, Screak42 said:

Many of the modules don't work (not installed on SD or internal) for me - one of my most fundamental tools I need is nmap on this device ... with 2.0.2 it doesn't work at all. (not CLI and Web UI). (web ui just not doing anything, via CLI it's nowhere to be found on the device actually. 
Looks like nobody else has an issue with it :|

I fixed mine with a link

On 1/6/2018 at 10:06 AM, Foxtrot said:

Unfortunately we have been unable to reproduce this issue in our testing. A debug.log file generated by the "Help" module would be useful.

Hello Foxtrot, this day I tested with a macOS 10.11.3 and browser Chrome Version 62.0.3202.94 (Official Build) (64-bit) but the results were the same. Recon stops at 10 or 15% and shows partial information, sometimes reach the 100% but freeze. I will look for ways to share logs and please help me to analyze them. Thanks for your time. Greetings.

On 7.1.2018 at 1:46 PM, Just_a_User said:

I fixed mine with a link

It looks like the version of nmap is downloaded from OpenWRT's repos. (downloads.openwrt.org)
In firmware 2.0.2 Hak5 updated libpcap to 1.8.1, to add support for newer versions of Reaver, and fix issues with wash.
It looks like nmap and everything else relying on libpcap should be compiled and downloaded from Hak5's repos. to avoid these errors.

3 hours ago, Zylla said:

It looks like the version of nmap is downloaded from OpenWRT's repos. (downloads.openwrt.org)
In firmware 2.0.2 Hak5 updated libpcap to 1.8.1, to add support for newer versions of Reaver, and fix issues with wash.
It looks like nmap and everything else relying on libpcap should be compiled and downloaded from Hak5's repos. to avoid these errors.

Yeah the reason for my post was slightly different tho. Today i discovered that when you upgrade from FW 1.1.3 (with your libpcap patch including the links) to 2.0.0  I still had issues with the libpcap.so.1.3 link. Or it was missing from 2.0.0 and included in 2.0.2.  But when i did a firmware recovery using latest factory flash file (2.0.2) its all good.

I'm attempting to update the firmware on my Nano to 2.0.2 via the SD card and not having any luck.

Downloaded the file and verified the sha256 chksum on my Mac where it was downloaded to. Copied the file over to the SD card then moved the card to the Nano. It gets mounted up at /sd and I validated the sha256 chksum there, they match. Run sysupgrade /sd/upgrade-2.0.2.bin and it appears to run then reboots but when it comes back up it's still at 1.1.3. So, I added the -v switch to sysupgrade along with --test and get:

root@Pineapple:/# sysupgrade --test /sd/upgrade-2.0.2.bin  -v
Invalid image type.
Image check 'platform_check_image' failed.

Never looked into that before for the pineapple, I have always used the GUI both pineapple and uboot/firmware recovery pages.

I also ran sysupgrade with --test With both upgrade-2.0.2.bin and nano_factory.bin and also tried both renamed to upgrade.bin from both /sd/ and /tmp/ locations.

In the GUI upgrade (/pineapple/modules/Advanced/api/module.php) it doesn't --force so im guessing theres some further magic somewhere we are missing :) interesting!

4 hours ago, vay3t said:

I have problems with the SD from NANO, I can see the sd from the ssh but I can not install there. I think I'm not the only one with this problem: https://wifipineapple.com/bugs/511

That bug doesn't permanently stop you installing to the sd card. maybe its something else?

When you install modules and they don't show up on the GUI it can be that you have first tried to install to internal storage and have filled it up. Then when you install to sd the pineapple fails to make the symbolic links in the /pineapple/modules/ directory. That means the module installed but the pineapple doesn't know where to reach them.

You can check by looking in /sd/modules/ and checking if they exist also in /pineapple/modules/ on the pineapple.

Try a factory reset or firmware recovery. Then install to SD only or check file sizes and available space before installing to internal storage.

Archived