[RELEASE] WiFi Pineapple Firmware v2.0.2

Sebkinne

Hi everyone,

Looks like we had to push another update to fix two issues:

• Associated clients would not show up in the recon scan results
  • Some users are reporting that their NANO would not boot up without a micro-sd card

If you experienced the second issue and now have a WiFi Pineapple NANO in non-working condition, please follow the firmware recovery steps outlined at https://wifipineapple.com/faq. This will bring you up to firmware version 2.0.2, which will boot up just fine without a micro-sd card present.

We would like to again apologize for the inconvenience.

-Seb

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All working great thanks for the updates.

Just remember to either add your mac address, or change the filter to deny during your initial setup. (RTFM :))

One thing i have noticed that maybe the devs can look at is the native mac oui lookup. It works fine on the tetra, but on the nano it gives "Unknown MAC Prefix" when selecting the drop down from inside the recon page. Would be super handy there to be able to ID an inscope device. Again, it works fine on the tetra with 2.0.2 which is fantastic!

If you install the MAC Lookup module, and copy/paste a MAC in there the module returns a lookup result, its just the native drop down and specifically on the nano.

If you need any other info, happy to supply!

@Sebkinne thank you very much for you help on figuring out the issue with the blinking light. It works perfect now once I power it down and connect it again... Thanks again, and sorry about creating a problem with the blinking light request. 

Now it's time to learn what this bad boy could do since i"m a newbie.... 

2 hours ago, #!pntstr said:

No changes to the wp6 script I guess?

Nope, but I'll look at improvements soon. 

2 hours ago, #!pntstr said:

any future development for use with macOS?

Nope - if you aren't doing ICS it works great :) If Apple had a reliable or scriptable way to share it's connection, we'd do it. 

9 hours ago, Sebkinne said:

Hi everyone,

Looks like we had to push another update to fix two issues:

• Associated clients would not show up in the recon scan results
  • Some users are reporting that their NANO would not boot up without a micro-sd card

If you experienced the second issue and now have a WiFi Pineapple NANO in non-working condition, please follow the firmware recovery steps outlined at https://wifipineapple.com/faq. This will bring you up to firmware version 2.0.2, which will boot up just fine without a micro-sd card present.

We would like to again apologize for the inconvenience.

-Seb

Still having issues here.

-Associated clients dont not show up in the recon scan results. Tried multiple times. Same result after reboots

-progress bar freezes at 100% and no scan results. Also same results after reboots

I am using firmware 2.0.2 in combination with the android app / chrome

Also having these ssh errors in system log

user.info autossh[1929]: starting ssh (count 10)
Tue Dec 26 09:51:28 2017 user.info autossh[1929]: ssh child pid is 3102
Tue Dec 26 09:51:28 2017 user.info autossh[1929]: ssh exited with error status 255; restarting ssh
Tue Dec 26 09:52:18 2017 user.info autossh[1929]: starting ssh (count 11)
Tue Dec 26 09:52:18 2017 user.info autossh[1929]: ssh child pid is 3376
Tue Dec 26 09:52:18 2017 user.info autossh[1929]: ssh exited with error status 255; restarting ssh
Tue Dec 26 09:53:30 2017 user.info autossh[1929]: starting ssh (count 12)
Tue Dec 26 09:53:30 2017 user.info autossh[1929]: ssh child pid is 3776
Tue Dec 26 09:53:30 2017 user.info autossh[1929]: ssh exited with error status 255; restarting ssh
Tue Dec 26 09:55:08 2017 user.info autossh[1929]: starting ssh (count 13)
Tue Dec 26 09:55:08 2017 user.info autossh[1929]: ssh child pid is 4208
Tue Dec 26 09:55:08 2017 user.info autossh[1929]: ssh exited with error status 255; restarting ssh
Tue Dec 26 09:57:16 2017 user.info autossh[1929]: starting ssh (count 14)
Tue Dec 26 09:57:16 2017 user.info autossh[1929]: ssh child pid is 4614
Tue Dec 26 09:57:16 2017 user.info autossh[1929]: ssh exited with error status 255; restarting ssh
Tue Dec 26 09:59:58 2017 user.info autossh[1929]: starting ssh (count 15)
Tue Dec 26 09:59:58 2017 user.info autossh[1929]: ssh child pid is 4933
Tue Dec 26 09:59:58 2017 user.info autossh[1929]: ssh exited with error status 255; restarting ssh
Tue Dec 26 10:00:19 2017 user.info autossh[1929]: starting ssh (count 16)
Tue Dec 26 10:00:19 2017 user.info autossh[1929]: ssh child pid is 4969
Tue Dec 26 10:00:19 2017 user.info autossh[1929]: ssh exited with error status 255; restarting ssh
Tue Dec 26 10:04:20 2017 user.info autossh[1929]: starting ssh (count 17)
Tue Dec 26 10:04:20 2017 user.info autossh[1929]: ssh child pid is 5349
Tue Dec 26 10:04:20 2017 user.info autossh[1929]: ssh exited with error status 255; restarting ssh

4 hours ago, Sebkinne said:

Nope, but I'll look at improvements soon. 

Nope - if you aren't doing ICS it works great :) If Apple had a reliable or scriptable way to share it's connection, we'd do it. 

if you don't mind change your pineapple default ip for while, you can then enable internet connection sharing from your Mac WiFi adapter to the NANO USB adapter, you apply the correct firewall rules on your Mac to make everything work between the two interfaces, in my case the NANO ethernet interface is en4.

ssh root@172.16.42.1

uci set network.lan.ipaddr='192.168.2.10'
uci set network.lan.gateway='192.168.2.1'
uci commit && reboot

then you can sharing

#!/bin/bash if [ "$(id -u)" != "0" ]; then echo "This script must be run as root." 1>&2 exit 1 fi sysctl -w net.inet.ip.forwarding=1 pfctl -e echo "nat on en0 from en4:network to any -> (en0)" | pfctl -f -

works for me.

6 hours ago, F1FORCE said:

Still having issues here.

-Associated clients dont not show up in the recon scan results. Tried multiple times. Same result after reboots

-progress bar freezes at 100% and no scan results. Also same results after reboots

I am using firmware 2.0.2 in combination with the android app / chrome

Hello, I´m having the same issue with firmware 2.0.2. Tried multiple times, Recon shown partial information and stop at 10, 20 or 25% or freezes at 100% without information about clients. Regards.

I keep leaning to download the update and then back off again due to issues I read about.  I would like to thank all who are testing these updates.  I am not completely comfortable with OpenWrt which is why I am not trying to be the first to the update.  I am more in tune with what is happening in the BB. Still waiting for the smoke to clear on the new update to install.

As for DWall, Seb did mention he built that as a PoC and he may need to go in and update the project due to the new libpcap.

9 minutes ago, PoSHMagiC0de said:

I keep leaning to download the update and then back off again due to issues I read about.  I would like to thank all who are testing these updates.  I am not completely comfortable with OpenWrt which is why I am not trying to be the first to the update.  I am more in tune with what is happening in the BB. Still waiting for the smoke to clear on the new update to install.

As for DWall, Seb did mention he built that as a PoC and he may need to go in and update the project due to the new libpcap.

The only problem Ive had is the 3rd radio on the tetra which was a quick fix and putting modules on that arent from the module manager like Evil Portal development branch, SSID pool, stuff like that just wont even show up on the webui even though they are in the correct folder and labeled correctly.  Both my nano and tetra are good to go now just like on 1.1.3

yes foxtrot or seb said something about the new libpcap being the problem with dwall.  Im guessing some modules will need updated

2 hours ago, b0N3z said:

like Evil Portal development branch, SSID pool, stuff like that just wont even show up on the webui even though they are in the correct folder and labeled correctly

Strange I just tried EvilPortal and its mostly working on my Tetra. I installed the old one first, then sftp'd the latest github dev copy over the top.

Live preview doesn't work though.

3 hours ago, NazgulAngmar said:

Hello, I´m having the same issue with firmware 2.0.2. Tried multiple times, Recon shown partial information and stop at 10, 20 or 25% or freezes at 100% without information about clients. Regards.

Hey,

Could you share information about your browser configuration, OS and any add-ons/plug-ins you have running.

Cheers

34 minutes ago, Just_a_User said:

Strange I just tried EvilPortal and its mostly working on my Tetra. I installed the old one first, then sftp'd the latest github dev copy over the top.

Live preview doesn't work though.

ive had problems with live preview.  I usually just keep a tab open pointing to 172.16.42.1 and refresh now and then to check it.  Ill have to sftp the dev branch over later tonight and give it a go

2 hours ago, Foxtrot said:

Hey,

Could you share information about your browser configuration, OS and any add-ons/plug-ins you have running.

Cheers

Hi, I am using Android 6.0.1 with Google Chrome 62.0.3202.84 and modules nmap, tcpdump, DWall, SSLsplit, SiteSurvey and DNSspoof. Cheers.

Archived