[RELEASE] WiFi Pineapple Firmware v2.0.2

Sebkinne

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think something is buggy with the firmware now. After down grading to the 1.13 version I was able to log in. Once everything was setup I did the upgrade from the interface. Everything was working good until i shut it down. Now that I i plug the nano to the battery it's back to flashing fast. I don't see it in my wifi network at all.

It's late now.. will have to deal with this tomorrow. 

2 minutes ago, PoSHMagiC0de said:

So, what I am hearing is it was wise of me to give the new firmware a few days before getting it to see if there are any breaking bugs?

Well for me I'm going to load the 1.13 back and wait a couple days and see if anyone is having the same issue. I forgot to mention I did notice that every time I changed my time zone and save it . it would go back to the default setting. I then tried to run the Dwall module and it would not start at all.  HOpefully it's not my pineapple acting up since I just got it. UGH!

I made this account just to write this, after reading the comments.

I upgraded my nano with the new firmware and everything worked.

I booted  the pineapple, executed wp6.sh and pressed upgrade waited a few minutes, then when the led stopped blinking i ran wp6.sh again, refreshed my browser and the webpanel loaded.  And everything worked without any issues. So i do not understand why people are talking about sticking with 1.1.3 i have not tested the new injection feature yet, but everything else feels much smoother, and PineAP starts faster.

https://imgur.com/a/4PReR

1 hour ago, m3sm4r said:

i tried to factory rest my device to upgrade to the new version 2.0.1.but the pineapple did not responed at all.should i use a pc to frimeware reset it?or ther is other way to resolve this problem?

Follow the instructions listed here.

19 minutes ago, NazgulAngmar said:

After the upgrade to 2.0.1 I can connect to the Management wireless but still I can not connect to the Open wireless.

You will need to change the "Client Filtering" mode in the Filters module to "Deny". This is a new change in the firmware.

I used the Web app on the pineapple to upgrade.   After awhile, I connected with the Android connector.  I went through the setup stuff, providing my password and so forth. I got into the web app through the Android connector.  After a couple of tries, I noticed the dashboard indicated 100% CPU utilization.  That did not sound healthy.  I also notice that the web app is not responsive to menu selections.  After some reboots, I did put it in Deny mode.  Still, nothing has gotten better.

During none of this was I able to reach the web app through the RJ45 Ethernet port.  The IP Address for it is pingable.

I don't appreciate "Holiday challenges".  Some of us are not as used to the use of this device as others.  In fact there is a holiday and we have family members and other activities - so I don't appreciate "Holiday challenges" at all.  I think the instructions for the update need work.  NOW - instructions for recovering from the update and gaining normal use are very much needed.

48 minutes ago, Struthian said:

I used the Web app on the pineapple to upgrade.   After awhile, I connected with the Android connector.  I went through the setup stuff, providing my password and so forth. I got into the web app through the Android connector.  After a couple of tries, I noticed the dashboard indicated 100% CPU utilization.  That did not sound healthy.  I also notice that the web app is not responsive to menu selections.  After some reboots, I did put it in Deny mode.  Still, nothing has gotten better.

During none of this was I able to reach the web app through the RJ45 Ethernet port.  The IP Address for it is pingable.

I don't appreciate "Holiday challenges".  Some of us are not as used to the use of this device as others.  In fact there is a holiday and we have family members and other activities - so I don't appreciate "Holiday challenges" at all.  I think the instructions for the update need work.  NOW - instructions for recovering from the update and gaining normal use are very much needed.

36 minutes ago, Struthian said:

UPDATE - the 100% cpu utilization did not happen when I booted again with the RJ45 not connected.   

I'm unsure what you mean by "Holiday challenges"? As you seem to be describing the TETRA (This is the NANO forum), the RJ45 port is for obtaining an internet connection. I have tried to replicate the 100% CPU Usage issue and I cannot. I would recommend re-flashing the firmware.

so, is there a good and bad way to do this update :) dont fancy reflashing all the time lol, so if anyone has any pointers before i make the leap into the beyond, please shout up now :) TIA and Merry Christmas nano warriors

9 minutes ago, hackabus said:

so, is there a good and bad way to do this update :) dont fancy reflashing all the time lol, so if anyone has any pointers before i make the leap into the beyond, please shout up now :) TIA and Merry Christmas nano warriors

All of the methods to flash the device work fine. OTA is by far the easiest though.

A couple of questions - how long does it take to finish flashing and get to reboot? 

If we wish to flash the device in the "Factory Reset" process, is it best to use the original binary given in that process or is it best to use 2.01 which was recently released?

If I am able to get to the app using the Android connector and/or the usb ethernet device, and it says 2.01 - but seems not quite right, should I do a factory reset or what?  Yes my question was about the Tetra, not the Nano. My mistake to be in the wrong forum.

okay after playing around with it. Going from a non working nano. I loaded 1.1.3 version back. set everything up once again then from the internal interface I loaded the 2.0.1 version. Looks like i was able to boot into that firmware. Here's the issue I'm having now. I installed the Dwall program. when I go to try to run the program it does not start at all. I click on 4/5/6 even 7 times and it wont. I did notice that if I click on it fast it starts for 1/2 a second then turns off. 

The other thing i'm having issue is that when I change the time zone for some reason it goes back to it's default settings. 

Now my question is could it be my wiFi pineapple hardware that i'm having issue with or the firmware. Today is the 2nd day I turn this sucker on. I made a video of it just in case anyone wants to see the issue. 

32 minutes ago, Malachai said:

okay after playing around with it. Going from a non working nano. I loaded 1.1.3 version back. set everything up once again then from the internal interface I loaded the 2.0.1 version. Looks like i was able to boot into that firmware. Here's the issue I'm having now. I installed the Dwall program. when I go to try to run the program it does not start at all. I click on 4/5/6 even 7 times and it wont. I did notice that if I click on it fast it starts for 1/2 a second then turns off. 

The other thing i'm having issue is that when I change the time zone for some reason it goes back to it's default settings. 

Now my question is could it be my wiFi pineapple hardware that i'm having issue with or the firmware. Today is the 2nd day I turn this sucker on. I made a video of it just in case anyone wants to see the issue. 

Your timezone change is working, it's just not that intuitive to see. Note the section above the dropdown changing when you change the timezone. 

It's something that I keep hearing, but there isn't a great solution to make it more intuitive. I used to have a nice gif I'd post. 

Regarding Dwall, I wrote that module a long time ago in an afternoon for Renderman. It was more of a PoC and I never thought it would be this popular. It will probably need to be updated to work with the new libpcap. I'll look into it after the holidays. 

That said, there is nothing wrong with your device. 3rd party modules are always going to lag behind the latest firmware a short while. 

16 minutes ago, cheeto said:

Just wanted to thank Seb, Foxtrot and all of the Hak5 team as well as all contributors to this update.

We aim to please. Both @Foxtrot and @Tesla have done a great job and we are excited to show you what we have in store for 2018.

16 minutes ago, cheeto said:

Are most of the modules compatible with this update?

Yup, they should be :)

Archived