[RELEASE] WiFi Pineapple Firmware v2.0.2

Sebkinne

6 hours ago, Struthian said:

I used the Web app on the pineapple to upgrade.   After awhile, I connected with the Android connector.  I went through the setup stuff, providing my password and so forth. I got into the web app through the Android connector.  After a couple of tries, I noticed the dashboard indicated 100% CPU utilization.  That did not sound healthy.  I also notice that the web app is not responsive to menu selections.  After some reboots, I did put it in Deny mode.  Still, nothing has gotten better.

During none of this was I able to reach the web app through the RJ45 Ethernet port.  The IP Address for it is pingable.

I don't appreciate "Holiday challenges".  Some of us are not as used to the use of this device as others.  In fact there is a holiday and we have family members and other activities - so I don't appreciate "Holiday challenges" at all.  I think the instructions for the update need work.  NOW - instructions for recovering from the update and gaining normal use are very much needed.

Struthian, stop moaning, this is a good update, eat some turkey and enjoy the new features :)

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I kind of figure is it was some issue or something.. But the main big issue I'm having is once I unplug the device after configuring it . I plug it back in and it goes into blinking mode were it won't stop. I have a video i made of how buggy it is. 

9 minutes ago, TheLaughingMan said:

so after uploading the 2.0.1 the open access point refuses any client connection.  any ideal or anyone else having the same issue?

Follow the instructions of Foxtrot: "You will need to change the "Client Filtering" mode in the Filters module to "Deny". This is a new change in the firmware." Works for me. Regards.

5 hours ago, Malachai said:

I kind of figure is it was some issue or something.. But the main big issue I'm having is once I unplug the device after configuring it . I plug it back in and it goes into blinking mode were it won't stop. I have a video i made of how buggy it is. 

+1 For this. I have tried re-flashing to factory firmware and cant even get my Nano to boot at all.

@tlmarxist Here's the trick i found out how to flash it back to 1.1.3. Hold down the reset button while you plug it in. Wait about 15 sec then release. Go into your network setting and find the pineapple adapter. Once you find it assign an ip address 192.168.1.2 .. Say okay 3 times, now go to chrome and type in 192.168.1.1 . you should see the firmware update page. At that point load the 1.1.3 version. that will take you back to normal for now. It should boot up fine . 

Well i put together a video of the issue i'm having after upgrading to 2.0.1. The non stop blinking light once I disconnect it and connect it back.  Like I said before don't know if this is a hardware issue or firmware that's causing mine not to boot up and non stop blinking light.

2 hours ago, Malachai said:

@tlmarxist Here's the trick i found out how to flash it back to 1.1.3. Hold down the reset button while you plug it in. Wait about 15 sec then release. Go into your network setting and find the pineapple adapter. Once you find it assign an ip address 192.168.1.2 .. Say okay 3 times, now go to chrome and type in 192.168.1.1 . you should see the firmware update page. At that point load the 1.1.3 version. that will take you back to normal for now. It should boot up fine . 

Well i put together a video of the issue i'm having after upgrading to 2.0.1. The non stop blinking light once I disconnect it and connect it back.  Like I said before don't know if this is a hardware issue or firmware that's causing mine not to boot up and non stop blinking light.

Same issue here. Upgrading to firmware 2.0 causes a non stop endless very fast blinking led at boot. Did try it a couple of times now.

36 minutes ago, tlmarxist said:

Sorry to say I have tried this exact method to re-flash the factory firmware and though my NANO seems to reboot correctly the LED still goes into a rapid flash and wont come all the way up. I cant SSH in either...

Does flashing a 1.x image work?

3 minutes ago, tlmarxist said:

I have been trying the linked factory firmware from the WiFi pineapple firmware recovery page. I guess I should not presume that it is a version 1.x firmware though.

No, the factory image on the WiFiPineapple website is a 2.0.1 firmware. I have just gone through the process of factory flashing my own NANO with the same firmware however, and I cannot replicate the rapid flashing issue being described, unfortunately.

wow guys! talk about polish! its looking great so far! web UI loads seem snappier without a doubt! FIRST RECON WORKED WITHOUT A HITCH! 

WLAN2 was picked up right away and connecting to a hotspot was simple as before (we still can't easily connect to hidden networks tho :( )

Super excited to take this for a test drive later today! thanks again everyone @Hak5 for making this update possible!

oh, and MERRY XMAS / HAPPY HOLIDAY / NEW YEAR TO ALL! 

(unwrapping a 3d printer ZOMG)

edit: [SD CARD] I DID struggle with the microSD mounting in 1.1.3 - I can see the card under Filesystem. But perhaps I need to tweak the Fstab still b/c none of my installed modules are showing up. (perhaps they need re-installed?) will report back after i've had a minute to play! 

1 hour ago, Foxtrot said:

For anyone experiencing issues with the WiFi Pineapple NANO flashing rapidly upon boot, please make sure you have a microSD card inserted fully before applying power to the device. This should let your device boot fully.

Do all Nano come with a microSD? I just checked mine and it doesn't  have anything in it.. 

30 minutes ago, Malachai said:

Do all Nano come with a microSD? I just checked mine and it doesn't  have anything in it.. 

I do not believe they do, most folks have one or two laying around from an old phone or other retired device. Microsd cards are listed as an accessory in the Hak shop.

Hey guys,

Just wanted to say that we've found the cause of the rapid blue flashing light problem, and we'll push a fix out very shortly after Christmas. You can still use your NANO by inserting an SD card into the device before booting it (Which is also recommended because now you have more room for modules and swap space too.)

I apologise sincerely for any inconvenience this may have caused. I hope everyone can enjoy their new devices and everyone has a Merry Christmas.

Cheers,
Foxtrot

1 hour ago, Foxtrot said:

Hey guys,

Just wanted to say that we've found the cause of the rapid blue flashing light problem, and we'll push a fix out very shortly after Christmas. You can still use your NANO by inserting an SD card into the device before booting it (Which is also recommended because now you have more room for modules and swap space too.)

I apologise sincerely for any inconvenience this may have caused. I hope everyone can enjoy their new devices and everyone has a Merry Christmas.

Cheers,
Foxtrot

Thank you for this.. I thought I had screw up my nano by turning it into a brick!... I will have to get me a microSD ... 

Archived