Modern routers imune to deauth packets?

PixL

Myown router is a TP Link Archer VR600 and when I do the following command other clients such as those connected to my pineapple will deauth but clients on my tplink seem solid.

mdk3 d -b blacklist -c

Could my router be using encrypted management frames?

What is the way ahead in that case....WPA Krack?

Edited by PixL

3 hours ago, PixL said:

Could my router be using encrypted management frames?

I doubt it for a domestic product. Although I haven't looked into it.

Are you deauthenticating using both 5.8ghz & 2.4ghz? my router uses both simultaneously, some of my (more modern) devices auto switch between both 2.4 & 5.8 also.  If I lock the device to 2.4 or 5.8 only I can deauth it but otherwise it can jump to the other frequency,

Also my router seems to change wifi channels when there is a lot of "noise" on its current channel.  Although this seems hit n miss when I have tried to do this on demand.

Its still vulnerable to krack at the moment (tested) with no update/patch available for it yet.

8 minutes ago, PixL said:

You might be right about both 5.8ghz and 2.4ghz.... would I have to use a two separate  wifi interfaces to deauth both simultaneously?

I'm not 100% sure but that's what i did. I used the 5.8 on my tetra and 2.4 on a 2.4 plugged in the USB port.

Edited by Just_a_User

So we did a class one time and were having issues with a tp-link router. After firing up wireshark we were able to see every time we tried to deauth a client on the tp-link router it would send a deauth packet back at us. I bet if you fire up wireshark on another computer you will see the same. 

18 minutes ago, Rainman_34 said:

So we did a class one time and were having issues with a tp-link router. After firing up wireshark we were able to see every time we tried to deauth a client on the tp-link router it would send a deauth packet back at us. I bet if you fire up wireshark on another computer you will see the same. 

Woah that's kinda cool, I never looked for that. But now i will :) thanks for sharing

Edited by Just_a_User

• 4 weeks later...