MacOS + Kali Linux VM + NANO

JKneipp

Hi There!

Im relatively new then Wifi Pineapple NANO and its various modules, as such i've just been playing around with it on my Macbook Pro. Some very awesome tech. Ive wanted to start using it with my Kali Linux VM running through Virtual box and have run into some issues, particularly in regard to the device, once configured, being detected and the correct gateways to use for a MacOS VM.

As you are probably well aware, Apple has a different default gateway to the rest of the world (using 192.168.2.1 instead of 172.16.42.42 i believe). I've configured my Kali box to have a bridged adaptor to eth0 which is my laptops internet connection and have done the correct usb configuration to allow the pineapple to be detected. Im using the wp6.sh script to configure the pineapples connection through the VM. After following the Guided setup and setting the appropriate default gateway etc. the pineapple refuses to be detected, i.e. gets stuck when i try to connecting saved setting...

Its probably something simple that i'm forgetting, as i said, i'm fairly new and having a mac is difficult for trouble shooting....any help would be greatly appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived