Do i HAVE to use the y cable for power?

0xicl33n

I seem to have misplaced my Y cable.. Ive already dug through the forum and found a link to get  a replacement.

But the question is, do i really have to use the y cable? If i can find a 5v A2 wall adapter, that should be good enough, right? All of the ones i have are just..bad. Id like to setup my nano running out of the wall for some passive information gathering

On 13.12.2017 at 4:15 AM, 0xicl33n said:

I seem to have misplaced my Y cable.. Ive already dug through the forum and found a link to get  a replacement.

But the question is, do i really have to use the y cable? If i can find a 5v A2 wall adapter, that should be good enough, right? All of the ones i have are just..bad. Id like to setup my nano running out of the wall for some passive information gathering

You do not have to use them, i reckon it's a Y-cable just for convenience when using a laptop as the source of power, as it's a bit limited on each port.
Wall adapters works fine.

On 12/13/2017 at 1:16 AM, Just_a_User said:

Yes - 5V 1.5A is enough for the NANO.

The Nano calls for 5v2a.  Just like the Tetra you can use a higher amp 5v power supply and the nano will only draw what it needs so you dont have to worry about over powering.  I use a 5v2.1 battery for mobile and a 5v2.4a wall adapter when on the PC.  I have not noticed any difference in temps of the Nano using a higher amp.  I also have a 5v3.4a battery that I use every once and a while.

Just now, Just_a_User said:

Oh, not what the wiki says

1513262681.png

Hmm thats interesting.  The sticker on the bottom shows DC Input: 5v2a.  Seems like there is either a mistake somewhere or typo idk.  I know @Sebkinne has said that the nano at max load consumes up to 10w of power.

Just now, b0N3z said:

Hmm thats interesting.  The sticker on the bottom shows DC Input: 5v2a.  Seems like there is either a mistake somewhere or typo idk.  I know @Sebkinne has said that the nano at max load consumes up to 10w of power.

well totally no issue with making more available if you got it.

All mine are 2 - 2.4A. But my original 4000mah pineapple juice seems to only give 1.4-1.5A using my USB load  tester. But its getting old now so i need to start looking at one of those Anker 5000mah slim batts.

https://www.amazon.com/Jackery-External-Ultra-Slim-lightweight-Powerbank/dp/B01LCZ4W2I/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1513263296&sr=8-14&keywords=jackery+battery

I got one of these because the quality of the other batteries i have from this company and it works great with usb 180 connector and last about 6-8 hrs

Archived