Bash Bunny VS LAN Turtle

EdwardHunt

Hi, I was looking on making a purchase with devices including the Rubber Ducky but I was also interested to buying the Bash Bunny as well but I've also read on a Reddit forum that it's better to have the Ducky and Turtle together than the Bunny alone. My question is which one should I pair with the Ducky? The Bunny or Turtle? What can they offer me that the other can't? Thanks :happy:

If you get the bunny instead of the ducky you will still have keyboard injection capability with the bunny along with everything else the bunny can do.  I dont have a turtle yet but the turtle is its own device made to do something completely different than say the bunny or ducky.  If I were you, Id go for the bunny and turtle, you can always get a ducky later.  Also with the bunny you can utilize the OS to make a server for whatever ducky payload you have so that you dont have to make on a different device and have the data go to that, its all self contained on the bunny itself.  The ducky is great and super fast but I use the bunny more than the ducky for ease of use with keyboard injection and creating ducky scripts is a lot easier to test with.

2 minutes ago, b0N3z said:

If you get the bunny instead of the ducky you will still have keyboard injection capability with the bunny along with everything else the bunny can do.  I dont have a turtle yet but the turtle is its own device made to do something completely different than say the bunny or ducky.  If I were you, Id go for the bunny and turtle, you can always get a ducky later.  Also with the bunny you can utilize the OS to make a server for whatever ducky payload you have so that you dont have to make on a different device and have the data go to that, its all self contained on the bunny itself.  The ducky is great and super fast but I use the bunny more than the ducky for ease of use with keyboard injection and creating ducky scripts is a lot easier to test with.

But isn't the Ducky so much faster than the Bunny? Like 1+ minutes for the Bunny (or maybe 30 seconds) and 7 seconds for the ducky? Which is why I figured I'd buy both since the Bunny can do more but doesn't match the Ducky's speed for a keyboard. What I am wondering is that I've heard both, the Bunny and Turtle can take the creds from a locked computer and I do not know how these 2 compare into pros and cons. If the Bunny is only a combination of the Ducky & Turtle then I may as well only buy those 2 as they would do their own thing better. Or does the Bunny do what the Turtle can also do and more? Basically I'll just map out my purchase options: Ducky+Bunny / Ducky+Turtle/ Ducky+Bunny+Turtle. I am also considering to purchase a pineapple if one of these devices helps that better.

The bunny takes 7 seconds to power on and start your payload because its a linux distro vs the ducky which is just a firmware and starts almost as soon as you plug it in.  the advantage to bunny is that is it a full linux distro and not just a firmware for a chip or a version of openwrt (turtle)  Yes both the bunny and turtle can take creds from locked pc but the bunny will do it better.  the bunny vs the ducky is that its way easier to create ducky scripts and edit as needed because its all a text file that doesnt need to be converted for the ducky firmware.  For the ducky you have to create the payload and then encode it and then test and make changes, encoding a new inject.bin every change you make.  Your downloads folder or however you want to convert it will be filled with inject.bin files and its had to tell them apart as they are all named the same thing lol basically.  It comes down to what your going to use it for.  if your a professional pentester and time is very limited then yea a ducky because you know enough that you can make your own servers else where for the data to go, if your just an enthusiast then get a bunny and have it all on one device that will do more than the ducky can.  The turtle is just something you can not compare with the ducky or bunny because it is made for a different purpose, it just so happens that it also works with the lockedcreds payload, but so does the pineapple nano so.... I guess if i were you I would watch more videos about each device and check out the wiki's so you get exactly what suits you best.  Like i said i have bunny and ducky and bunny always get used until I have a payload that is full proof because the ducky is a pain to create payloads on if your doing a lot of editing

i hope this makes im kind of out of it today ( lack of caffine)

if you get a bunny over a turtle and ducky. you wont be disappointed and when you do get the others you will be happy about your choice

14 minutes ago, EdwardHunt said:

But isn't the Ducky so much faster than the Bunny? Like 1+ minutes for the Bunny (or maybe 30 seconds) and 7 seconds for the ducky? Which is why I figured I'd buy both since the Bunny can do more but doesn't match the Ducky's speed for a keyboard. What I am wondering is that I've heard both, the Bunny and Turtle can take the creds from a locked computer and I do not know how these 2 compare into pros and cons. If the Bunny is only a combination of the Ducky & Turtle then I may as well only buy those 2 as they would do their own thing better. Or does the Bunny do what the Turtle can also do and more? Basically I'll just map out my purchase options: Ducky+Bunny / Ducky+Turtle/ Ducky+Bunny+Turtle. I am also considering to purchase a pineapple if one of these devices helps that better.

The bunny can get creds from locked machines too. Don't buy the ducky unless your needs are very specific. If not, the Bunny is so much better and much more versatile. Skip the LAN turtle, doesn't really do anything cool or useful

4 minutes ago, RazerBlade said:

The bunny can get creds from locked machines too. Don't buy the ducky unless your needs are very specific. If not, the Bunny is so much better and much more versatile. Skip the LAN turtle, doesn't really do anything cool or useful

agreed, this is why i have waited so long to by a turtle and havent really touched my ducky since i got my bunny

10 minutes ago, b0N3z said:

The bunny takes 7 seconds to power on and start your payload because its a linux distro vs the ducky which is just a firmware and starts almost as soon as you plug it in.  the advantage to bunny is that is it a full linux distro and not just a firmware for a chip or a version of openwrt (turtle)  Yes both the bunny and turtle can take creds from locked pc but the bunny will do it better.  the bunny vs the ducky is that its way easier to create ducky scripts and edit as needed because its all a text file that doesnt need to be converted for the ducky firmware.  For the ducky you have to create the payload and then encode it and then test and make changes, encoding a new inject.bin every change you make.  Your downloads folder or however you want to convert it will be filled with inject.bin files and its had to tell them apart as they are all named the same the hing lol basically.  It comes down to what your going to use it for.  if your a professional pentester and time is very limited then yea a ducky because you know enough that you can make your own servers else where for the data to go, if your just an enthusiast then get a bunny and have it all on one device that will do more than the ducky can.  The turtle is just something you can not compare with the ducky or bunny because it is made for a different purpose, it just so happens that it also works with the lockedcreds payload, but so does the pineapple nano so.... I guess if i were you I would watch more videos about each device and check out the wiki's so you get exactly what suits you best.  Like i said i have bunny and ducky and bunny always get used until I have a payload that is full proof because the ducky is a pain to create payloads on if your doing a lot of editing

i hope this makes im kind of out of it today ( lack of caffine)

I am still new in my pentesting career. From what I've seen in videos, the Ducky was extremely easy to code a payload for. I wasn't aware it was much more complex than the Bunny. So I suppose I will stick with that. I do also imagine that the chances of an employer leaving around an open PC for the Ducky would be less than likely. :happy: (Just to make sure, the Ducky can only be used on an unlocked PC, correct?)

3 minutes ago, EdwardHunt said:

(Just to make sure, the Ducky can only be used on an unlocked PC, correct?)

correct.  and yes its a bit more complex to encode the ducky and edit than the bunny where its just a txt file that doesnt need to be converted.  The bunny just has so much more to it than keyboard injection.  and you can use 2 attackmodes at once on the bunny for more option with whatever payload you make and the LED is stupid awesome

I own a ducky, a bunny, a squirrel and a turtle.   You are right that the ducky is faster but it is also less versatile and harder to set up than the Bunny.  The ducky has the advantage, when fully assembled of looking like a flash drive and more normal.  Probably the greatest super power of the ducky is leaving a bunch around where someone finds them, connects it to their computer and gets hacked.  The bunny has more tricks but I consider it also a useful tool for developing ducky code.  You will be able to cycle the bunny faster as you get the script right.  Because  the Bunny is also more versatile, has storage and Ethernet spoofing capability, you will learn much more with it and have more fun.  To start, get the Bunny.

The turtle, like the ducky has the advantage of looking more normal as a USB to Ethernet device. However, such devices are getting pretty rare.  The Turtle can also sit on a network powered by a small cell charger, so it can be hidden.  The Turtle SD can enclose a micro sd card in its case, still looking "more normal".   The Squirrel can have an external USB stick, more flexibly than the turtle.  However, it has two RJ45 ports, a micro usb power port and looks 'weird'.  However it's small and easier to hid than the turtle.  The Squirrel is somewhat more powerful than the Turtle but the Turtle has built up a bigger library of canned code. The Squirrel payloads are more straight forward to learn. The Turtle utilizes a framework for it's modules that is a bit of a learning curve. 

In all  cases, you should not assume that modules and payloads will work out of the box. Each of them may require some amount of tweaking on your part. You will have to read and understand the shell scripts. However, that's part of the fun and understanding shell scripts is an essential skill.

Archived