New Nano User

kingzark

Hello everyone im fairly new to the pineapple and have a question. I have my nano connected using wifi client mode and an external atheros usb wifi adapter hooked up as well as I dont have my connection hooked up via ethernet. I can get internet to the pineapple no problem. When I choose to scan for Ap's it dosn't pick up any connected clients under my ap for some reason even though i have my laptop, and phone connected. Is there some setting i need to check?

Edit: actually now im finding its showing these devices as "unassociated clients" why is this?

16 minutes ago, kingzark said:

it dosn't pick up any connected clients under my ap for some reason even though i have my laptop, and phone connected

Maybe they are connected to your router using 5ghz. The nano would only see clients using 2.4ghz channels.

As a test (depending on hardware) it may be possible to change settings on devices or router to temporarily turn off 5ghz or force 2.4ghz.

11 minutes ago, Just_a_User said:

Maybe they are connected to your router using 5ghz. The nano would only see clients using 2.4ghz channels.

As a test (depending on hardware) it may be possible to change settings on devices or router to temporarily turn off 5ghz or force 2.4ghz.

I turned off 5g on the router and still nothing when I do a scan. Like I said its showing it under unassociated clients.. when really it's connected to my ap so I cant deauth them or nothing.

1 minute ago, kingzark said:

I turned off 5g on the router and still nothing when I do a scan. Like I said its showing it under unassociated clients.. when really it's connected to my ap so I cant deauth them or nothing.

What length scans are you doing? does it also do it on a 5-10 min scan?

35 minutes ago, Just_a_User said:

What length scans are you doing? does it also do it on a 5-10 min scan?

yeah im doing 5 minute scans and still the same, I even now rigged up the pineapple to a laptop connected via an ethernet cable and the scan is showing no different. really starting to frustrate me.

Archived