Hak5 Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sebkinne

[RELEASE] Bash Bunny Firmware v1.5

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to post a quick update to let you know that we have launched firmware version 1.5 for the Bash Bunny.

This firmware comes packaged with exciting new features such as a new ATTACKMODE called AUTO_ETHERNET, and a way to send ALT codes using the QUACK command.

Find all the fixes and features in the changelog and bounce on by to BashBunny.com/downloads for your devious device download (\_/).

• Like 2

installed.... Worked... :grin:

Installed... worked.    What would be great is an alternate partition for ATTACKMODE STORAGE.   If this partition were write only, with some fake files, it would hide exfiltration from the target user. 

For AUTO_ETHERNET, it would be great if there was a result or environmental variable which told us which type it selected.  That would be a hint on which operating system.

8 hours ago, Struthian said:

For AUTO_ETHERNET, it would be great if there was a result or environmental variable which told us which type it selected.  That would be a hint on which operating system.

Uhm..What? Are you throwing the BB across the room hoping it will land in some random USB port, not knowing what the OS is?

Since the BB only really works when a computer is logged in, you'll know which OS it is before you even put the BB in it. AUTO_ETHERNET is just so you're payload can work with other OS' rather than just 2 (or in the case of Windows, 1), saving the annoyance of having 2 payload switches for the 1 payload for 2 different OS'.

I upgraded to 1.5 but had not loaded any tools before then.

When I drop any .deb files in the tools folder, then reinsert in arming mode, the tool boots up in arming mode but doesn't load the tool.

Has this function changed????

2 minutes ago, DeepDavid said:

I upgraded to 1.5 but had not loaded any tools before then.

When I drop any .deb files in the tools folder, then reinsert in arming mode, the tool boots up in arming mode but doesn't load the tool.

Has this function changed????

Strange. Are the tools still in the /tools folder or have the disappeared? If they're still there it probably didn't work - if not it probably worked.

What version were you on previously?

The tools are still there, after reboot. I tried 

all with no loading activity. 

I was on 1.4 but I never loaded any tools before now. 

I have do the recovery with no change in the operation. 

4 hours ago, Dave-ee Jones said:

Uhm..What? Are you throwing the BB across the room hoping it will land in some random USB port, not knowing what the OS is?

Since the BB only really works when a computer is logged in, you'll know which OS it is before you even put the BB in it. AUTO_ETHERNET is just so you're payload can work with other OS' rather than just 2 (or in the case of Windows, 1), saving the annoyance of having 2 payload switches for the 1 payload for 2 different OS'.

No, not doing that.   I am doing something far more interesting.  A payload that does the same thing in different OS environments is quite desirable and would be easy with the features I requested. Actually in dedicated or kiosk set ups, you don't know what the OS beneath is all the time.   I also can't imagine they would be hard to add.

On 12/7/2017 at 2:24 PM, Dave-ee Jones said:

Correction: BB does work when a computer is logged off and/or locked, just some attack modes are more useful than others in those states.

I agree it would be nice to know what Ethernet type was selected. We'll see about exposing that somehow.

This is my quick and dirty OS detection payload scaffolding.

LED SETUP
ATTACKMODE AUTO_ETHERNET
LED ATTACK
GET TARGET_OS
case "$TARGET_OS" in
	WINDOWS)
		# Windows payload goes here
		LED R
		;;
	MACOS)
		# Mac OS payload goes here
		LED G
		;;
	LINUX)
		# Linux payload goes here
		LED B
		;;
esac

• Like 2

In your scaffolding, AUTO_ETHERNET could be only for OS determination.  After GET TARGET_OS - one could execute another ATTACKMODE to be used in common with all OS's. 

Geoff

On 12/12/2017 at 4:35 AM, Darren Kitchen said:

Correction: BB does work when a computer is logged off and/or locked, just some attack modes are more useful than others in those states.

I agree it would be nice to know what Ethernet type was selected. We'll see about exposing that somehow.

This is my quick and dirty OS detection payload scaffolding.

-snip-

I apologise - I wasn't being clear. I meant it is most effective on unlocked machines. There's a limited amount of things you can do with a locked machine.