Hak5 Forums
Dave-ee Jones

Configure IP and DHCP range?

Hoi!

So, I want to configure the IP of the PS and configure the DHCP range when NATing. Anyone know how one would do this on the PS? Be much helpfulness.

It's for a payload that basically turns the PS into a configurable remote-access tool.
E.g. it has a web server that hosts a website, giving you control over the PS to remotely launch payloads, commands and access to other things like DNS, VPN, SSH and TCPDump. I've got TONNES of ideas for this payload, but unfortunately many of them, while incredible, are very hard and may not be possible for a 1-man job. It's basically entirely web-server-based (script-wise), and considering the PS has very limited processing power I'm not sure if it's going to be feasible or not.

If any of you know what a Cyberoam is, you may realise what I'm trying to get at.

Anyway, ENOUGH SPOILERS.

Anyone know how to configure the network settings of the PS? I'm sure Seb does..:rolleyes:

Cheers!

2 hours ago, Dave-ee Jones said:

may not be possible for a 1-man job. It's basically entirely web-server-based (script-wise), and considering the PS has very limited processing power I'm not sure if it's going to be feasible or not.

Do or do not - there is no try.

2 hours ago, Dave-ee Jones said:

I'm sure Seb does..:rolleyes:

The file you are looking for is /etc/config/dhcp. To make it a bit easier, I would suggest looking into the UCI system and cli tool to change the settings you want to change. That said, what is wrong with the PS's DHCP pool?

1 hour ago, Sebkinne said:

Do or do not - there is no try.

Maybe. But it raises the obvious question: How do you do something without trying to do it first?

1 hour ago, Sebkinne said:

The file you are looking for is /etc/config/dhcp. To make it a bit easier, I would suggest looking into the UCI system and cli tool to change the settings you want to change. That said, what is wrong with the PS's DHCP pool?

Cheers big-ears.

Well, if I change the IP of the PS to, say, 192.168.10.1 I don't want it to NAT the clients in the 172.16.32.* range. Also, it's meant to be configurable - as if you were setting up a router for your own use, and it would be nice to have that option. :)