Faulty device?

rnd

Today I received my nano version of the wifi pineapple. As per instructions shown here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrHbEZd4t00

I've connected the device to my laptop and eagerly started waiting for the blue led to show up at no avail.
The device also came in a skeptical condition with the casing falling apart - see the picture.

I've tried connecting it to a total of 2 laptops and a desktop pc with the same results.

However, with lsusb the machine finds it under the name

ASIX Electronics Corp. AX88772A Fast Ethernet

Any ideas ideas on what may be wrong?

54 minutes ago, rnd said:

The device also came in a skeptical condition with the casing falling apart - see the picture.

Woooohhh the box must have been pretty squashed? And what are those bits that look like they are sticking out... weird.

Did you buy it from Hak5 direct?

2 minutes ago, Just_a_User said:

Woooohhh the box must have been pretty squashed? And what are those bits that look like they are sticking out... weird.

Did you buy it from Hak5 direct?

I have, already sent them a ticket to see if they can help.

Just now, rnd said:

I have, already sent them a ticket to see if they can help.

Good move, it may take a few days but im sure they will sort it out for you.

Can you see any pry marks from a screwdriver or anything along the edge of the case? maybe posty opened it up for random inspection? or one of the alphabet companies have stuck a bug in it :) lol

9 minutes ago, Just_a_User said:

Can you see any pry marks from a screwdriver or anything along the edge of the case? maybe posty opened it up for random inspection? or one of the alphabet companies have stuck a bug in it :) lol

Haha, hope not.

I can't see any obvious scuffs or marks but the side is quite bent, maybe something happened during assembly.

Another image.

5 minutes ago, rnd said:

Haha, hope not.

I can't see any obvious scuffs or marks but the side is quite bent, maybe something happened during assembly.

Another image.

Ahh that makes more sense now, the bits sticking out were the case walls folded over. The board actually looks OK.

Archived