Firmware update fails

TeCHemically

I received my replacement bashbunny yesterday and this new one will not perform the firmware update. Here is what I have tried so far: 

I have the sha checksum verified 1.4 firmware update file on the root of the storage partition and have plugged 
it into 2 different PCs (one linux and one windows); but it just mounts the storage and boots into arming mode normally. 
It totally skips the firmware update. I tried the f/w update on a third PC (windows) and it failed to start as well. 
I even tried the unbricking reset steps provided by Seb. The unbricking reset will not even start. I get no "police" flashing at all. 
Whenever the bunny is plugged in all it does is mount the storage partition. No reset or firmware update procedures ever begin. 
I tried to flash the 1.3 firmware as well to make sure it wasn't an issue with the firmware file itself. 
It just boots normally into arming mode completely bypassing the expected firmware update as it does with the 1.4 version. 
I also tried running the bunnyupdater version 1.0 and the newer 1.1; no change :(

1 hour ago, TeCHemically said:

thanks to any who read it and reply!

After reading the above im not sure. But if it were me I would do the following: -

SSH (or serial) in and run the "udisk reformat" command wait for it to complete then try again with the upgrade process.

7 hours ago, Just_a_User said:

After reading the above im not sure. But if it were me I would do the following: -

SSH (or serial) in and run the "udisk reformat" command wait for it to complete then try again with the upgrade process.

Thanks Just_a_User, I tried that and it is still skipping right over the firmware update as before :( 

I got excited by your response and was super hopeful that would do it. Thanks anyway :)

3 hours ago, TeCHemically said:

it is still skipping right over the firmware update as before :( 

Are you 100% sure its in arming mode? switch closest to USB?

Also I was thinking, if you have a brand new bunny @ v1.0 then it doesn't yet know to use the police light flashing pattern as that came in a later update. Before then it was a red flashing light to indicate flashing firmware. If you were looking for police light pattern, it may be possible you might unplug a red flashing bunny unknowingly, be careful :)

Whats the current fw version on the bunny?

17 hours ago, Just_a_User said:

Are you 100% sure its in arming mode? switch closest to USB?

Also I was thinking, if you have a brand new bunny @ v1.0 then it doesn't yet know to use the police light flashing pattern as that came in a later update. Before then it was a red flashing light to indicate flashing firmware. If you were looking for police light pattern, it may be possible you might unplug a red flashing bunny unknowingly, be careful :)

Whats the current fw version on the bunny?

Thanks, yes it definitely is in arming mode; and this bunny came on the 1.3 firmware. I checked it before I ran the updater. The unbricking reset process doesn't work either. It never does anything other than boot into arming mode even after the plug in and unplug 3 times over at the beginning of that process.

Archived