Firmware upgrade?

lild4d

Is there going to be a new release of the firmware coming out soon? since the last update my nano has gotten gradually worse I barely even use it now and yes Ive wiped everything and reinstalled firmware all over again. You guys mentioned something big last year for nano and tetra and no news since then. Something about kali linux integration I believe. Does my nano have a warranty if I want to send it in?

Thanks

Can someone tell me how to re-do the 1.3 upgrade as FAQ do it from GUI and no option to update firmware manually. (Firmware Recovery -> https://www.wifipineapple.com/pages/faq)

Someone said there may have been an issue with my 1.2 to 1.3 upgrade so would like to try and re-load it. I can ssh and upload file its the command to load the .bin file and flash it i am not sure of .. maybe doing it via cli will get more stable results then the gui upgrade.

Thanks 

• 5 months later...
5 hours ago, Sebkinne said:

Both the nano and tetra will receive a new firmware upgrade in short order. 

We hope to have improved the experience a lot with the coming release.

we gonna need some xtra BTS footage plz

Sorry to be a bit of a dick, but can you clarify "short order", Are we talking days, weeks, months? 

I understand that new bugs pop up that needs to be fixed as newer features are added but I'm guessing there is some internal date that could be given (feel free to pad the date with extra time to fix the unknown - unknowns)

44 minutes ago, zoro25 said:

Sorry to be a bit of a dick, but can you clarify "short order", Are we talking days, weeks, months? 

I understand that new bugs pop up that needs to be fixed as newer features are added but I'm guessing there is some internal date that could be given (feel free to pad the date with extra time to fix the unknown - unknowns)

The firmware is simply released when it’s ready to be released. We like taking the time to make sure it’s stable. 

49 minutes ago, Foxtrot said:

The firmware is simply released when it’s ready to be released. We like taking the time to make sure it’s stable. 

Can you give any teasers as to what might be in the next firmware? pleeease :-)

50 minutes ago, Foxtrot said:

By all means. Take your time. There are plenty of us willing to wait. 

I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

There have been some bugs in the current firmware that have been acknowledged.  I assume they'll have them ironed  out.

Looking forward to the update. 

Is there a wish list for the upcoming firmware update?  :)

Will the new firmware integrate Alexa and/or google home? I want to be able to tell my google echo to disassociate people, to start tcpdump, order dominos pizza and purchase dog food!!1

• 3 weeks later...

The new firmware is coming, and the current plan is to release it before Christmas.

Because this upgrade is very important to us (and is packed with features and fixes), we wanted to take our time and do it right, rather than launch a bunch of new firmware in short succession.

That said, after this release, upgrades will be much more frequent, with the possibility of nightly builds in Q1 of 2018. 

10 hours ago, Sebkinne said:

The new firmware is coming, and the current plan is to release it before Christmas.

Because this upgrade is very important to us (and is packed with features and fixes), we wanted to take our time and do it right, rather than launch a bunch of new firmware in short succession.

That said, after this release, upgrades will be much more frequent, with the possibility of nightly builds in Q1 of 2018. 

Thanks Sebkinne for the quick reply; This is very exciting news can't wait to see the changes. Thank you and the hak5 team for the great work you do!

Merry Christmas / Happy Holiday to the and the crew

16 hours ago, Sebkinne said:

I'm so excited for this update. :)

Archived