Python n00b, help me learn

Paralys

Hope this hasn't be posted about before, sorry if it has. Well, as the title says. I'm just getting into Python and wanting to start learning. It'd be really cool if anyone could post some links to some beginner tutorials. I keep finding a lot of ones that I'm not good enough at Python to understand yet. All I need is a few tutorials to teach me how to write 2 or 3 simple programs so I can get how it works down. Thanks everyone. Later.

Well, I realize I posted this twice. Which is not my fault, IE sucks, but it's all I had because I'm using a school computer to post this, the window screwed up and i hit back to fix it and it posted my thread twice.

So, I appologize for the copy of the thread. (Don't flame. I wasn't be an impatient n00b.)

http://docs.python.org/tut/

That's the official Python tutorial made by Guido Van Rossum. Are you sure you started with that one? If not, you should've. :D

If you did start with this one, please state where exactly you got stuck. Looking through it I don't really see where the problem would lie, but since I am a coder I could very well have an edge over you in grokking the explained concepts.

mml, im a python noob also. But I have found a lot of good tuts on the net and am starting to get it pretty well, i can write a good bit. I cannot remember this series I found that helped me the most, but it was like 15 video tuts by the same guy. The official site has a LOT of info on it, besides that just google for python video tutorial and things like that.

I've looked over some of the tutorials, a lot of them seem really helpful, sorry to everyone that I had something posted that was probably easier to find, but my comp is down right now because I rebuilt it and haven't gotten a chance to buy a big enough heatsink/fan for the processor. (I've been using school computers) So my time to search for tutorials has been really limited. I should be able to pick up a heatsink and fan sometime this week. Thanks for all your help everyone, I'll probably end up printing these tutorials.