TETRA - Setup problem

shad0ra

5 minutes ago, ricospamper said:

Just to inform that the USB type A of my notebook is burnt. It does not work anymore.

Best contact Hak5 directly, highly unusual. Dont use your Tetra until you have spoken to them.

https://hakshop.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Edited by Just_a_User
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ricospamper said:

Just to inform that the USB type A of my notebook is burnt. It does not work anymore.

Just wondering if perhaps you powered the tetra from your notebook? trying that especially only using 1x USB port may have overloaded it - considering its a notebook. Maybe you accidentally switched off/unplugged the wall charger and left the USB plugged in to the notebook? Just thinking about what might have happened. either way, contact HAK5.

Edited by Just_a_User

1 hour ago, Just_a_User said:

Just wondering if perhaps you powered the tetra from your notebook? trying that especially only using 1x USB port may have overloaded it - considering its a notebook. Maybe you accidentally switched off/unplugged the wall charger and left the USB plugged in to the notebook? Just thinking about what might have happened. either way, contact HAK5.

I'm almost sure that the battery charger did not detach itself. I could try powering the Tetra with the Anker battery pack provided wth the kit. Have you ever tried powering the Tetra with this kind of portable charger?

11 minutes ago, ricospamper said:

I could try powering the Tetra with the Anker battery pack provided wth the kit.

I would wait until they contact you and guide you through the fault finding process.

But hypothetically if the Tetra was to work and the wall power supply also works then it would be safe to assume that the USB was overloaded by the tetra. This is why its supplied with a Y lead to give at least 2x USB ports worth of power. It states in the wiki that normal function needs 18W of power which your not normally going to get from 1x notebook USB port.

11 minutes ago, ricospamper said:

Have you ever tried powering the Tetra with this kind of portable charger?

Yes, i do this when mobile. but make sure i use the Y lead into 2x USB sockets.

Edited by Just_a_User

I have noticed that if using the USB eth port of the pineapple you HAVE TO use the Y cable and plug both USB in your computer/notebook. When doing this the wall plug is not needed as the USB will power the pineapple...if you only use one of the USB plugs, the USB Ethernet adapter will not show up...

...just from m y experience...

10 hours ago, vanhawk said:

if you only use one of the USB plugs, the USB Ethernet adapter will not show up...

On the Y lead only one of the USB plugs has data, the main lead one. the USB plug on the smaller diameter cable has only power connected.

BTW - This Y lead can also be useful for charging your phone etc. on unknown USB ports that you might find but are not sure what they are connected to.