[RELEASE] Bash Bunny Updater

Sebkinne

From time to time Hak5 releases firmware updates for the Bash Bunny including new features, bug fixes and security improvements. The easiest way to install these is with the Bash Bunny updater.

Available for Windows, Mac and Linux – this utility will automatically update your Bash Bunny to the latest software version. 

The payload library on the Bash Bunny can also be kept up to date using this tool. When the updater runs it will not only check for firmware updates (and updates to the utility itself), it will also synchronize your copy of the /payloads/library folder with the official repository. Additionally it will update any available language files.

Find out more at https://bashbunny.com/setup

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 3/20/2019 at 11:03 AM, The_Fox said:

How do we install it? I looked at the updater and the extracted files and there is no exe.
ch_fw_1.5_298\upgrade\ has no exe nor does the cherry.rootfs.tar have one? Please fix this ;-;

I'm actually having the same issue when I try and install the updater. I have a feeling we are doing something wrong though...

On 11/15/2017 at 4:51 AM, Sebkinne said:

From time to time Hak5 releases firmware updates for the Bash Bunny including new features, bug fixes and security improvements. The easiest way to install these is with the Bash Bunny updater.

Available for Windows, Mac and Linux – this utility will automatically update your Bash Bunny to the latest software version. 

The payload library on the Bash Bunny can also be kept up to date using this tool. When the updater runs it will not only check for firmware updates (and updates to the utility itself), it will also synchronize your copy of the /payloads/library folder with the official repository. Additionally it will update any available language files.

Find out more at https://bashbunny.com/setup

Even though this is a post from back in 2017, it is reassuring and makes my life a bit easier!

Thank you once again for all your posts😎

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I just received my Bash Bunny, but when I go to try and update I get the following error. I'm using Windows 11. However, I did first attempt to use in my M1 MacBook pro, but was having problems. I reset Bash Bunny and then switched to my Windows laptop and that where I received error.Screenshot-2022-02-27-202141.png%22%20al

• 1 year later...