Unable to install tools

PhantomMethod

After following the guide for 'unblocking' my bash bunny, I have been unable to install any of the tools.  I have verified the tools are not installed by looking in the tools folder on the lines side and using payloads that require specific tools like Responder.

I've gone through the standard instructions for installing tools... put the bash dummy in arming mode, transfer the files into the 'tools' folder, safely eject, and reinsert while still in arming mode.  When I do this, the bash bunny just boots like normal.  The led never goes magenta and the files are still in the 'tools' folder.  Any payload that requires a specific tool will fail.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Any help would be appreciated.

13 hours ago, m40295 said:

your putting https://storage.googleapis.com/bashbunny_tools/responder-bunny.deb. into tools folder ?    Rebooting ?

Try ssh into bunny type responder 

I've followed the instructions outlined on the bash bunny wiki.  I've even tried restoring my bash bunny first with no luck.  I just tried SSH into my bunny and get the following when typing 'responder'

-bash: responder: command not found

Issue resolved.  Not sure I'd recommend others to use this method.  Do so at your own risk.

1) While in Arming mode, remove all but the following files and folders

• payloads
  • System Volume Information
  • readme.md
  • version.txt
  • win7-win8-cdc-acm.inf

2) While still in arming mode, edit the version.txt file to read 1.0_167.  I did this to fake the bunnyupdater into thinking an older firmware was loaded.

3) Eject the bash bunny and follow the Firmware Recovery instructions found on wiki.bashbunnny.com

4) Once back in arming mode, use the bunnyupdater found on this thread

5) If all goes well, this should reload the firmware and allow you to install tools.

I've just used this method and I'm still testing it's functionality.  So once again, use this method at your own risk.

• 1 month later...
On 13/11/2017 at 4:31 AM, PhantomMethod said:

Issue resolved.  Not sure I'd recommend others to use this method.  Do so at your own risk.

1) While in Arming mode, remove all but the following files and folders

• payloads
  • System Volume Information
  • readme.md
  • version.txt
  • win7-win8-cdc-acm.inf

2) While still in arming mode, edit the version.txt file to read 1.0_167.  I did this to fake the bunnyupdater into thinking an older firmware was loaded.

3) Eject the bash bunny and follow the Firmware Recovery instructions found on wiki.bashbunnny.com

4) Once back in arming mode, use the bunnyupdater found on this thread

5) If all goes well, this should reload the firmware and allow you to install tools.

I've just used this method and I'm still testing it's functionality.  So once again, use this method at your own risk.

Awesome been stuck trying to install the tools for over a week and this process worked great! Thanks

Yes it seems that there is a bug on the latest firmware where tools are not being installed, 

I'll attempt the same recovery method to get this working. 

In my case I had responder installed but I removed it and after no tools will install :-(

Archived