Workaround to forward / redirect / alternative access with OWA email?

dusf

I work remotely, and I have an email address I access using the Outlook Web App, but I would love if I could forward or redirect the email to a Gmail account, as that would give me a lot of options regarding complex filters and notifications etc. Unfortunately, the redirect and forwarding options in the settings do not work, and SMTP access or ADUC for same is not a possibility at this time.

Even if I could login with the Android Outlook Web App I would be satisfied, but it does not recognise my email address and/or the domain.

Since I am able to access the email in a web browser, is there anyway to get it from here to another email address or a local email client?

59 minutes ago, dusf said:

Unfortunately, the redirect and forwarding options in the settings do not work.

Why? If blocked by your employers, nothing you can do, as it's set by Group Policy.

And if there was, you'd probably be breaking said Policy anyway. You'd be better going to them and getting this setting unblocked for yourself.

Edited by haze1434

1 minute ago, haze1434 said:

Why? If blocked by your employers, nothing you can do.

I cannot tell you the logic behind it, if forwarding and redirection were enabled, I would still have access to the exact same information - just more conveniently on my phone, gmail repeat alerts until seen, etc. etc.

I am hoping there is some way around this.

Today there was talk of remote desktop access being set up for me to access office systems, which would include the local Outlook client if that helps.

Edited by dusf

Just now, dusf said:

I am hoping there is some way around this.

Which would break you companies group policy. You'd be better talking to them rather than trying to circumvent settings your employers have chosen to put in place. Unfortunately, that's all I can really say. Employers can sometimes set up annoying barriers, but getting around them without permission is always a bad idea.