ultrahacks

Hello Forum users,

I got some issues with my wifi pineapple Tetra I have bought this product a few weeks ago.

1. When plugging in the two cables it says in Windows 10/8.1 and 7 "USB device not recognized" And also not working with the adapter for extra power.

However, the first time using the WiFi PineApple it works fine but it doesn't install any driver or recognize the USB cable driver

Regards

Me.

Make sure you are using the wall pluggin as there are reported problems from under powering causing problems.  From what im getting out of this, is that it worked once on windows and now does not?  You shouldnt have to install any drivers for this to work.

4 hours ago, b0N3z said:

Make sure you are using the wall pluggin as there are reported problems from under powering causing problems.  From what im getting out of this, is that it worked once on windows and now does not?  You shouldnt have to install any drivers for this to work.

Yes, you are right. But still connecting to http://172.16.42.1:1471/ make no sense Firewall is turned off it could be my Norton protection that blocks it but as I said earlier it doesn't work on other computers too and ya it works fine the first time using the PineApple without the wall cable.

When plugging the wall cable + the two usbs in my computer and the ethernet Lan cable, ahh no luck but when you still leave them all plugged in and restart the computer it doesn't give a warning btw.

Could it be the laptop where I tried this all on?

Thanks for your help. Appreciate.

Ok so first off always use the wall adapter make sure its 12v2a which will give the Tetra 24w of power.  Underpowering causes lots of problems.  Since you will be using the wall adapter, only use one usb from the eth1 micro usb port (its labeled on the bottom).  Give that a try and if no luck go into your network settings on your windows machine and get rid of anything you setup previously for the pineapple.  If your still not getting anywhere, make a bootable usb with Ubuntu linux or Kali linux and see if it shows up on that.  After the tetra boots up you can just do a "ifconfig" and see if the linux box has eth0 or eth1 with a 172.16.42.xxx ip address. I dont know if your hardwired or not so that will determine if its 0 or 1.

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.
Unfornatully none of your options where working. The power of the adapter is from the USA to EU and gives the same power as the PineApple need.

I tried everything and the weird thing is once the wifi pineapple is plugged in the blue led is flashing like 20 seconds and then it stays for a while blue even when my laptop says "USB device not recognized"
And there is a connection in my Wifi Network called "wifi pineapple" so the pineapple works fine.

The cables are new so I don't think there are damaged. I'm pretty sure.
Before there was a new network adapter in my windows called "Realtek USB FE family controller" that was before when the wifi pineapple works fine the first time.
Now it doesn't even show up on this windows and 2 others every laptop says "Device not recognized" even with the driver installed.

Tried also your method with the bootable Kali Linux and Ubuntu.

I tried the Kali Linux with full installation and still after 20 seconds and after 10 minutes there is no new Wifi interface at ifconfig. But when you search for some wifi points it still shows "WifiPineapple Tetra"
The cables are correct plugged in and I don't know what to do.

I can try one final step and that is the Ubuntu.

Regards

• 2 months later...
On 11/10/2017 at 5:27 AM, b0N3z said:

try to do a factory restore which is different from the factory reset.

https://www.wifipineapple.com/pages/faq  try the Firmware Recovery option.

This requires connecting to the WP on the USB/ETH port...  which isn't working at this point. Any other ideas?  Seems there have been a few ppl with this issue but no posted solution. The USB/ETH port did work prior to upgrading to 2.0.2.  I did also try reloading the Realtek windows drivers to no avail. Windows sees it as "Unknown Device", can't seem to get past this point.

Archived