Packet Squirrel Arrived

PoSHMagiC0de

My Squirrel arrived yesterday.  Thing is tinier than I perceived.  When I get time this weekend I will be updating and testing this thing out.  They added your wifi I see Davee.  I guess that means that little ethernet thing I hardly use that came with my Nano Tactical can be used.  :-)

Quick question, does this update add the ability to connect to it directly via USB?  I know some of you are asking why?  I like options damn you.

Actually, only real question I have is does the PC or laptop's USB put out enough power to power this tiny thing?  Nice to know if you need to bust out a power supply when you want to use it as just a secure tunneling device.  Do not know if this has been asked but I did do a search for the question.  :-P

7 minutes ago, PoSHMagiC0de said:

Quick question, does this update add the ability to connect to it directly via USB?  I know some of you are asking why?  I like options damn you.

The Micro USB-B connector is for power only.

7 minutes ago, PoSHMagiC0de said:

Actually, only real question I have is does the PC or laptop's USB put out enough power to power this tiny thing?  Nice to know if you need to bust out a power supply when you want to use it as just a secure tunneling device.  Do not know if this has been asked but I did do a search for the question.  :-P

It requires 0.12A, the USB port on your laptop supplies 5V0.5A. (0.9A if USB3.0)

4 hours ago, Dave-ee Jones said:

What do you mean they added my WiFi? I don't think it's working yet? I thought it still needed configuration, which was being updated with next firmware or as a separate patch.

I would like WiFi doe..

You can just configure it yourself. The openwrt wiki explains it quite well. We'll add a script though that'll simplify the process greatly. 

Archived