[PAYLOAD] HoppEye - 8x Mobile Payload Chooser

H8.to

• 2 weeks later...

i have setup the folders as they should be with all the payload folders in the same directory as switch 1 and 2.  I have renamed payloads such as payload_B_nmap.  I have the switch2 payload in switch2 folder.  Whenever I plug in the BB on switch 2, all it does is blink a red LED. 

Well, this sounds like you have placed something in the wrong folder. If HoppEye is placed in /swtich2/ there will be no way (except choosing the red payload) to get a red blinking.

You can check and modify the script to debug what's happening.

The hak5 tools are all about experimenting :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2017 at 11:01 AM, H8.to said:

I wonder what @Darren Kitchen thinks about my misuse of the bunny switches.. :grin:

Maybe he's busy launching the squirrel hehe :happy:

I think it's awesome. Novel use of the switches. In the FVP/RC world we often have just one button to tune a radio, long pressing to cycle between bands and tapping to select channels. Once you've become familiar with the equipment it becomes quite natural. I'm sure this concept could be extended to even more payloads, considering blink patterns and such -- but at a certain point human memory becomes a point of failure.

Love the idea of switching among payloads by plugging into a USB battery. Cool payload!

3 minutes ago, Darren Kitchen said:

I think it's awesome. Novel use of the switches. In the FVP/RC world we often have just one button to tune a radio, long pressing to cycle between bands and tapping to select channels. Once you've become familiar with the equipment it becomes quite natural. I'm sure this concept could be extended to even more payloads, considering blink patterns and such -- but at a certain point human memory becomes a point of failure.

Love the idea of switching among payloads by plugging into a USB battery. Cool payload!

Yeah pretty much what I been recommending is using Red/Yellow/White for attacking.. Blue/Cyan/Purple for recon/credentials.. just to make it simpler on the brain..

5 minutes ago, Darren Kitchen said:

I completely agree on those colors for those types of tasks. Maybe Green = Clean for cleanup?

Sadly not color blind friendly. We put a lot of emphasis on that when spec'ing out the LED command. It's not something I really gave much thought to until I got a monochrome mate.

Well for those lacking color in thier vision.. Could always write a special payload with different blink patterns.. even rewriting the police pattern to alternate colors to help the color impaired.. ?

Ha! Hey Darren! Thanks for your comment :) 
FPV and 6 channel controllers might be exactly the background which that pushed my thoughts into that direction ;)

I think blink patterns are a great way for color blind people. I use them regulary on FPV video transmitters to switch channels and bands.

If anyone is interested I build a version with patterns like

1 blink, 2 blink, n blink up to 8. I think more will not be very feasible to remember :)

1 hour ago, H8.to said:

Ha! Hey Darren! Thanks for your comment :) 
FPV and 6 channel controllers might be exactly the background which that pushed my thoughts into that direction ;)

I think blink patterns are a great way for color blind people. I use them regulary on FPV video transmitters to switch channels and bands.

If anyone is interested I build a version with patterns like

1 blink, 2 blink, n blink up to 8. I think more will not be very feasible to remember :)

Already have one... It's the one I use..  I only use 4 payloads and are seperated by "police", "white/green", "yellow/red" and "purple/cyan".. 

2 minutes ago, Ar1k88 said:

Already have one... It's the one I use..  I only use 4 payloads and are seperated by "police", "white/green", "yellow/red" and "purple/cyan".. 

Good choice of colours. Police to Eco (or Leaf) to Ember to Graffiti.

There's your switch names :)

I'll have Shark (White/Cyan), Ember (Yellow/Red), Void (Black/Purple), Leaf (White/Green).

Shark = Attack

Ember = Long-life payloads (stick-it-and-leave-it, ember because embers in the fire burn for a while)

Void = ... Blank payload? Ha. It would be a traffic-sucking payload, storing it all on USB.

Leaf = Cleanup or even Arming mode

Could replace Arming mode with Leaf but I'm not sure if there is some other stuff that Arming mode starts up apart from SSH.

My usage of this in the BBTPS is kinda different.  No rewriting locations of files.  Hoppeye is only using to change environment variables to affect what payload pack configs are ran.  Everything will still exist in the switch 2 folder so I can have a payload in switch 1 and it will not get affected by the BBTPS running hoppeye on switch 2.  It will also be an optional config being the BBTPS will function standard unless in the payloadselect.txt you comment out the usually selection and uncomment hoppeye.  There will be a config file for it that is just declarative (hide all the other config junk) to select what config file to run under each color.

Sheesh, the BBTPS is turning into config file hell.

• 2 months later...

Archived