Rubbery Ducky can't get passed the UAC Police

Stevels

I just got my new Ducky today but I'm getting no love with anything else but Hello World :(

The problem seems to be the UAC security.  I'm using Windows 7.

The command ALT y does not work.  It's not a delay issue, I played with that to all extents.  It seems to be a focus problem where the ALT y is being sent to another window as the UAC Window does not have focus when it pops up.  Am I the only one with this issue?

Is there a reliable work around to bring focus to a specific window or anther fix?  Without being able to get passed the UAC check, the Ducky would be rather Sucky.  No offense, it's a cool gadget, I couldn't stop the rhyme!

Thanks Steve

When the UAC pops up, the focus is on the button "NO", right? (I have no UAC-enabled PC right now)

So why not edit the script to press the left arrow key and then enter.

Should work....

Broti,

Thanks for the reply.  No, unfortunately this isn't the case.  I can reproduce the problem outside of Duck world simply by opening up the Run box and typing a typical command like: "powershell Start-Process notepad -Verb runAs"

When I press Enter, after a short moment, a DOS window pops up, followed immediately by the UAC dialog box pop-up, but it does not have focus.  I believe the DOS box has focus.  Pressing 'n' or any of the arrow keys does nothing.  What I can do is Alt-Tab until I manually see the UAC dialog gets focus, then I can press 'y' or use the arrow keys, but without focus, I can't touch that dialog box.  Because there is no reliable number of forward OR backwards Alt-Tab strokes that can always get the UAC popup to have focus, I can't think of a way to make this work.

Can't see what would be unusual about my Windows 7 configuration and why this doesn't seem to be a huge issue for everyone else?  In the mean time, I can't think of a reliable work around.  Have you heard of this before? 

Thanks,

Steve

Anyone out there with the same problem on the Rubber Ducky?  The Windows 7 box I'm testing it on does not give focus to the UAC popup and therefore I can't get past the UAC control and all my scripts that do anything useful always fail.  I can't be the only one with this problem?  It's not really a Ducky issue, as I can reproduce it typing the commands manually, but again, why does MY popup not have focus if everyone else's in the world does?  I feel .... special.

• 5 months later...

Hi Stevels,

i'm new here but maybe i can help.

• What language do you use? ALT y only works on english systems. My german computer need ALT j. I Optimized my scripts now to just press all the buttons.
  • What antivirus do you use? I found that Sophos Home and i think it was Avast steal focus of the UAC window so that key injections didn't work anymore. Turns out that the full Endpoint protection doesn't do such a thing....what a joke. 

A simple solution would be to maybe start a VBS Script which waits for a hotkey and puts the mouse in the middle of the screen and just clicks once and then deletes itself.
Voila get wrecked ducky countermeasures.