SQUIRELSPONDER

korang

For responder you could probably just download it via PC and then scp over to the PS. Then install from there. Not much room for stuff though so I'm wondering if you can install on a USB disk like say the pineapple nano.  

It's openwrt 15.05.1

Ok so I can download responder from github and run it on a USB storage.  it is just python.  The question is, if I run in NETMODE TRANSPARENT, are there interfaces that show up to bind responder to?  If I am in TRANSPARENT mode, can I still SSH into the squirrel?

OK, so looked at the TCPDUMP payload and saw it is using NETMODE TRANSPARENT and capturing on br-lan interface.  I have tried to do this with responder and seem to not get any working results.  In TRANSPARENT mode i tried the br-lan, eth0, and eth1 interfaces and did not capture any traffic.

Has anyone done any testing with responder and using a br-lan interface?

2 hours ago, korang said:

OK, so looked at the TCPDUMP payload and saw it is using NETMODE TRANSPARENT and capturing on br-lan interface.  I have tried to do this with responder and seem to not get any working results.  In TRANSPARENT mode i tried the br-lan, eth0, and eth1 interfaces and did not capture any traffic.

Has anyone done any testing with responder and using a br-lan interface?

Responder require an IP address, which NETMODE TRANSPARENT does not provide.

9 hours ago, Dave-ee Jones said:

:huh: How many are there?

And I'm assuming when you say TRANSPARENT (no IP) it means that it just acts as almost an ethernet cable, passing data along but not producing any data?

Yup, that's how TRANSPARENT works. Alternatively, BRIDGE/VPN is good if you want it to have an IP without NAT-ing the client

Archived