Firmware 1.1

b0N3z

So the new Firmware for 1.1 is out and you can download it, but how do you update the Squirrel?? do you have to hold the button and go to the webui that is also used for recovery and flash it through that?  There are no instructions just the firmware and sha chechsum.

44 minutes ago, barry99705 said:

I tried the sysupgrade thing with the firmware copied to the temp folder, but not sure how to see if it actually upgraded.  The banner is exactly the same as before the upgrade...

if im not mistaken there should be a txt file with the firmware version on the home directory of the PS.  where the payloads folder is.

i tried the same steps as the BB by putting img on the root of the drive and rebooting to arming mode, but that did not work.  yeah, i missed the video last night early on but caught the end, was hoping i could rewatch the video to understand how to flash the firmware but i guess we just /wait

OK so I just did it and it worked just fine. @barry99705 @korang

1. Put firmware upgrade on a USB stick that has already been formatted for the PacketSquirrel and plug it in

2. wait for the upgrade to finish 5-10 min.

Thanks Just_a_User!!

OR

1. Boot the Squirrel in recovery mode (hold the button while powering on, and you should see the green led flash quickly)

2. go to http://192.168.1.1 and click the box and select Firmware 1.1 that you downloaded

3. Click recover firmware and wait for the Squirrel to finish booting and showing a 172.16.32.xxx ip address ( about 5-10 min )

4. SSH into the squirrel and either "$ cat VERSION" or "$ nano VERSION" and it should show "1.1"

5. Your done, get another coffee or beer, whatever floats your boat!!!

Firmware upgrade will reset your password and maybe other things you've changed yourself.

3 minutes ago, b0N3z said:

OK so I just did it and it worked just fine.

1. Boot the Squirrel in recovery mode (hold the button while powering on, and you should see the green led flash quickly)

I didnt need recovery mode to do mine. Just dumped it onto the USB stick and powered off/on again. Weird.

Have even done it twice already as im often resetting my stuff. we now get police lights when upgrading :)

Just now, Just_a_User said:

I didnt need recovery mode to do mine. Just dumped it onto the USB stick and powered off/on again. Weird.

Hmm seems way simpler.  Did they say how to do it on the Lets Code live feed last night?  I missed it. 

Awesome, I waiting for them to edit it and upload.  Seb said they were going to shorten it before uploading.

1 hour ago, it fallguy said:

for the life of me i can't get to the http://192.168.1.1 web interface.  after trying the USB method, i can see "cat VERSION" gives me a "1.1" reply.  woot!

to get to the webiu you need to hold the button down while you power on the PS.  it will give the PS a 192.168.1.1. then you go to the webpage.  This method is for recovery mode and the first method would be ideal. 

I havent seen anything yet which is weird because they always add the channel log and a new post announcing the FW.

Archived