How does the Bash Bunny work

Dehomaan28

Hello,

I'm totally new to the Bash Bunny. We are doing a security project for my IT education. Because the Bash Bunny is fairly new, there isn't much information on the internet yet. I've searched on the Hak5 forums, but i can't seem to find the answers there.

I know how to put payloads on the Bash Bunny. But everytime I'm trying to use a payload, it doesn''t work. For example, if I use a payload to steal crydentials, all scripts work on the target PC. Then there will be a lootmap in the loot folder, but it is completely empty. I have been told that you need some tools to use some of the payloads, I don't know if this is true. But if it is, can you tell me how to install these tools?  I've installed the latest firmware on the Bash Bunny.

So to summarize it briefly, can someone explain me:

- Why some of these payloads don't work (do they need tools installed on the Bash bunny to work)

- How do i install these tools?

- Is there a way to completely reset the Bash Bunny? I how to de the factory reset (Put your Bash Bunny is a USB slot en take it out again, 3 times) But this won't reset the whol Bash Bunny because some files are still on there.

I'm from the Netherlands, so sorry if my english is not that good.

Thank you in advance, I really appreciate your help.

15 minutes ago, Dehomaan28 said:

How do i install these tools?

17 minutes ago, Dehomaan28 said:

Is there a way to completely reset the Bash Bunny? I how to de the factory reset (Put your Bash Bunny is a USB slot en take it out again, 3 times) But this won't reset the whol Bash Bunny because some files are still on there.

Combined firmware Re-flash and "udisk reformat" maybe?

On 26-10-2017 at 10:28 AM, Just_a_User said:

Combined firmware Re-flash and "udisk reformat" maybe?

Thank you, this helped.

On 27-10-2017 at 12:54 AM, Dave-ee Jones said:

Make sure you've updated to the latest firmware! It's currently 1.4. Go to the wiki for more information.

I allready have the latest firmware on the Bash Bunny.

Thank you for the replies. But one thing isn't quite clear yet.  What can do Bash Bunny do with and without tools. For example: do I need a tool to snap credantials from a PC.

Archived