Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nwx

Ducky firmware that can emulate a USB-Serial adapter

I did a cursory search but could not find anything like this. Basically, I want to be able to drop a small payload through the keyboard that opens the serial port so that it can be used to stream a lot of binary data faster than it could be sent over the keyboard interface. Is anyone aware of a ducky firmware that is able to emulate both a keyboard and a serial port? Bidirectional communication is not a requirement but it would be nice to have.

27 minutes ago, nwx said:

I did a cursory search but could not find anything like this. Basically, I want to be able to drop a small payload through the keyboard that opens the serial port so that it can be used to stream a lot of binary data faster than it could be sent over the keyboard interface. Is anyone aware of a ducky firmware that is able to emulate both a keyboard and a serial port? Bidirectional communication is not a requirement but it would be nice to have.

Pretty sure this doesn't exist. Currently what you have is storage + HID using twin duck firmware. You could change VID/PID to a serial adapter maybe but then you will most likely have to deal with incorrect drivers being loaded. Sounds like your idea currently would be best suited to a BashBunny.

I don't see why emulating a HID and mass storage is any different than emulating a HID and serial adapter...

3 hours ago, nwx said:

I don't see why emulating a HID and mass storage is any different than emulating a HID and serial adapter...

Without researching it more I couldn't say for certain, nor is it an area im overly familiar with. But what we have is what we have, I was just responding to your question: -

6 hours ago, Just_a_User said:

Is anyone aware of a ducky firmware that is able to emulate both a keyboard and a serial port?