batch file fun

benjamin1254

I was in net 1 class, this class was half the day long. It was very basic comp stuff so i taught people about batch files (shutdown -r -t 00, and what not) as well as auto starts. Then i taught them net send. It began in my class only (comps going down) but then someone put a batch on someone elses computer (the local admin pass was the same as deepfreeze pass) The kids spammed a large part of the school and it got blamed on the other kid... i guess that wasnt a lot fun story but its the best one i got for batches

net send spam is always fun at lans :wink:

Well this isn't a batch file but it was fun. One of my friends wrote a program in VN I think it was that would open and close the CD drive of the computer. We had the prgram loaded on a bunch of the computers at school. It would count the number of times it opened and closed. It was great fun to watch our incompetant teacher try to find out why all these computers were "going insane" as he said.

and how did you go about running your own program over the network. I too have a wireless lan in my school and am able to do basic things like shutdown and net send but I wonder how is it possible to wirelessly start programs over the network that are only on your computer. The command prompt does not always have the functions that you have with programming languages.

The most fun that I have really had was in computer classes at school also. This was when we were learning all the windows operating systems and we had started out with DOS so I got on other peoples computer when they werent looking and added commands to get tehre computer stuck in a loop when they turned it on.

Other fun was when we first put windows nt on the computers and making batch files that kept using "net send" over and over to every computer in the room. That alsmost got me beaten up. But yea there is a lot of fun stuff you can do with batch files

I didn't run anything over the network. My friend went around and placed the program on all the computers using an admin account we happened to have. There was no security to bypass since we had admin. It was a special time before they upped security this year. And changed all the admin passwords.

i was really bored in computer class so i code a whole messenger out of net send which worked out quite well, i gave it to a friend in the class and i turned arround and suddenly most of the class were using it.

then i started adding in extra fetures like when someone typed a certain word in it or tried to spam me it would shut down their computer.

twas fun :D

Ahhhh....Computer class fun...Well let's see..

The best fun I had at computer class was with Terminal Services Manager. The instructors presented powerpoint preso's on a 2003 machine (that we all new the admin password to). We would wait until the middle of the preso, when he really got into his slides. We would login via Terminal Services, open up Terminal Services Manager, and disconnect his local session. He never figured it out, he must have bought his MCSE.