Change default adapter for WiFi hotspot?

Dave-ee Jones

Hoi!

Has anyone figured out a way of changing which adapter is broadcasted wirelessly by a computer?

E.g. if I do a WiFi hotspot from my PC out it will bridge the WiFi adapter to a virtual WiFi adapter (hotspot's adapter). I want it to bridge to another adapter instead of the WiFi one.

I know it's changeable because it defaults to the Ethernet adapter if that's where your source of Internet is coming from (well, 90% sure that's what happens, anyway).

Anyone done it/have any idea?

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Windows 7 SP1+.

Specifically, Windows 10. It's using the netsh hostednetwork. So far I haven't found any way of changing it. It basically uses your WLAN/BLE adapter/card and broadcasts an SSID, connecting you to the same network on the Windows machine. Useful for phones and other machines around it.

• 2 weeks later...

Step 1: On the ‘Settings Tab’ of the Hotspot UI you’ll want to make sure Connectify is setup as wireless hotspot. So click on the ‘WI-FI Hotspot’ button.

Step 2: In the ‘Internet to Share’ dropdown select the adapter you wish to share. This adapter should have a working connection to the Internet. You can share any type of Internet connection: WI-FI,  Ethernet (wired)  or even via   4G / LTE dongles  . If you set it to ‘Automatic’, then Connectify will share the connection to the Internet regardless of which of your adapters is used by your laptop or PC to connect

Step 3: Give your hotspot a name (SSID) and password. The hotspot name is the network name that other devices will see and authenticate to using your unique hotspot password. Feel free to have fun while you’re at it and  use emojis and Unicode characters  in the hots pot name.

Step 4: Be sure to have the ‘Ad blocker’ box checked in order to benefit from our   universal ad blocker   that saves you bandwidth, time, money and battery life. Double check that you have everything configured correctly. Then you can click the ‘Start Hotspot’ button to begin sharing your Internet connection with your Wi-Fi enabled devices.

For More Details About You Can Click Here:-

http://www.cetpainfotech.com/technology/Networking-Training

35 minutes ago, shujat2 said:

Step 1: On the ‘Settings Tab’ of the Hotspot UI you’ll want to make sure Connectify is setup as wireless hotspot. So click on the ‘WI-FI Hotspot’ button.

Step 2: In the ‘Internet to Share’ dropdown select the adapter you wish to share. This adapter should have a working connection to the Internet. You can share any type of Internet connection: WI-FI,  Ethernet (wired)  or even via   4G / LTE dongles  . If you set it to ‘Automatic’, then Connectify will share the connection to the Internet regardless of which of your adapters is used by your laptop or PC to connect

Step 3: Give your hotspot a name (SSID) and password. The hotspot name is the network name that other devices will see and authenticate to using your unique hotspot password. Feel free to have fun while you’re at it and  use emojis and Unicode characters  in the hots pot name.

Step 4: Be sure to have the ‘Ad blocker’ box checked in order to benefit from our   universal ad blocker   that saves you bandwidth, time, money and battery life. Double check that you have everything configured correctly. Then you can click the ‘Start Hotspot’ button to begin sharing your Internet connection with your Wi-Fi enabled devices.

For More Details About You Can Click Here:-

http://www.cetpainfotech.com/technology/Networking-Training

Oh my goodness :sleep:

I appreciate the help, but maybe you should read the OP before commenting based on the title of the post. No where did I mention Connectify, and if it was a Connectify issue I could have easily found that myself in the Connectify help area where you so kindly ripped that from.