Teen Expelled From School For Turning In Found Gun

Mr_Mischif

and so the American government now punish people who try to make the country a better place? It's almost like they want the country to be a compleate shit hole to live in. Obviously I would even treat the boy with suspicion of having brought it in him self, but given sufficient evidence my suspicion would soon subside.

I wonder what they would have done had he left the gun in the toilets and told a teacher... suspend him for 4 weeks?

and so the American government now punish people who try to make the country a better place?

This wasn't the government, it was a school principal. And yes, these liberal fuckers would rather toss your ass in jail just to be safe, even if you never did anything. I hope the family sues the school principal/administration for everything they have.

American clearly learn allot in school. "Don't hand in firearms you find to stop a more stupid person who could find it doing some real damage, because that will mean the police will arrest you for unlawful position of a firearm and probably search your house for good measure".

What the fuck ? "purposeful possession of weapons is a serious offense and deserves careful consideration by the administration and the school board."

he picked it up and then turned it in and thats purposeful possession of weapons come on people! ok it wasent smart of him to pick it up but in the time it takes to go get a teacher the gun coulda ben picked up by some other dumass student or the student who put it thier and someone coulda gotten hurt. now that this has hit the news the kid will probly get back in to the school of his choice instead of being forced into an alternitive school.

Its obvious the kid had to be of a racial minority probably one of those "gangsta" doods everyone has those at their schools. I see this all the time at high schools the white kids get away with shit the other doods get in trouble instantly and if u ask wtf!? they will say some bogus lie just like the fucking time i was watching a fight in the restroom at high school the one white dood in the group was let go and everyone else was taken to the office now im not trying to point out racial discrimination in these "great states" but the fact is that this shit happens everyday and unless you have witness it first hand you should not say this is not true... just my opinion

Just to set everyone straight:

This was not the US Government, it was the school principal and superintendent. Please read the fucking article.

No, who do you believe shaped the principals mind into doing this! :wink:

Nowhere in the article is the word government, or is the government even mentioned. That's my point.

As for the School policy, that is conformed after the law, however, the decision to expel the student was not. That was the liberal dumb ass principal that doesn't belong in his current position. I completely agree that what the principal did is incredibly fucked up, however the government had no say in what happened. Wherever the principal learned his decision making skills is arguable, as no one knows. You can only guess.

Being cursed with rationality, I took the brave step of readying the article. Now, it doesn't mention what the kid's prior record is here, but it does mention that he picked up the gun, pocketed it, and then later on handed it over. That was his mistake, and he probably fell victim to some zero tolerance anti-weapons program by doing so. Technically he shouldn't have touched it, should have left it where it was and gone called a teacher/member of staff. This article doesn't really give enough info.

Being cursed with rationality, I took the brave step of readying the article. Now, it doesn't mention what the kid's prior record is here, but it does mention that he picked up the gun, pocketed it, and then later on handed it over. That was his mistake, and he probably fell victim to some zero tolerance anti-weapons program by doing so. Technically he shouldn't have touched it, should have left it where it was and gone called a teacher/member of staff. This article doesn't really give enough info.

Dude fuck that if I find a gun in school there no way in hell I'm just going leave it there. It could have been stashed there for his friend to come and pick up so the two of them can go postal on everyones ass.... FUCK that shit!

Dude fuck that if I find a gun in school there no way in hell I'm just going leave it there. It could have been stashed there for his friend to come and pick up so the two of them can go postal on everyones ass.... FUCK that shit!

My response to that is:

American clearly learn allot in school. "Don't hand in firearms you find to stop a more stupid person who could find it doing some real damage, because that will mean the police will arrest you for unlawful position of a firearm and probably search your house for good measure".

lol

If I found a gun hat is just left in a public place, I would also pick it up. If I found it in like the toilet of a shop I wouldn't hand it in at the shop counter. It could be there gun, and if it was like a big shop (i.e. Asda) I also would not hand it in as they would probably not hand it to the police because of the potential bad publicity.

Besides police stations, where is the best place to hand in a firearm you found?

IANAL but my suggestion would be if you can, call the police right then and there. If it was used in a murder you don't want to go down for it so you won't get prints on it and. If you can't leave it there/don't have a phone to call on, learn something about guns, learn how to remove the clip clear the chamber and uncock it then call the police.

First of all think of your safety.

Not as effective. I think the long and short of this is that the kid didn't handle this the way he should have, and due to a zero tolerance program his school had (I understand that the USA has a lot of issues with gun violence in schools), and his principle being a tad anal he got caught out for this. Hopefully the kid will get back in to education soon, as people fail to link a lack of education to gun violence.

• 2 weeks later...

People want to blame the government, the system...whatever. Truth of the matter is that society as a whole is F@cked up. America has become spoiled and is headed in a downward spiral if it doesn't fix itself. We spend too much time worrying about what other people are doing that we don't take the time to look at the crap thats going on on our own soil.

The principal in this situation was wrong and didn't use sound judgment in this matter. It was more so a knee jerk reaction to whats been happening in other schools across the country. Its easy to sit behind a desk and come up with a quick fix to a problem rather than assessing it at its source and fixing it from there. But in this case I feel bad for the future of our kids if this is the caliber of people we are looking to in maintaining our schools educating these young minds, future hackers, coders, gamers, etc etc . But I dont know, maybe Im just babbling.

• 2 weeks later...

This is why I got kicked out of high school, school act now ask questions later. Once every thing has been sorted its to late your in the press as a bad person and marked for life.

I hate these people who tell you, your life doesn't end cause you got picked on in high school cause it happens when the people doing you wrong are the ones your supose to trust and respect. I have lost all respect for public education and a little for private(thats a different story damn you catholic school!)

The way I see it the kid should have taken the slide of and chucked it in the hall after he wiped it off of course thats what I call an annomous tip. No harm no foul.