Hak5 Forums
jimmy1_1

Cannot Download or Start Modules

Hello everyone,

I am having an issue which I have found has struck other users(links below) but I have not found a satisfactory resolution. Here are all of my previous efforts:

- Download and install modules with curl (link)  Modules install but do not work properly; for example, urlsnarf makes empty logs, despite me simulating online activity. Start page says, "warning: commands will be executed using /bin/sh job (number) at (date)

urlsnarf started with pid (number)

- "opkg update" and "opkg list-upgradable" none were upgradable

- "firstboot && reboot" absolutely no change in regards to these issues

I hope someone has some answers or can point me in the right direction, because I am pretty sad about this. Thanks for your time

7 hours ago, jimmy1_1 said:

I hope someone has some answers or can point me in the right direction, because I am pretty sad about this. Thanks for your time

Did you already get the lanturtle online and run all OS and module updates from the turtle interface?

Or if not working maybe try a manual OS/firmware reflash like here: -

Once you know the OS/firmware is 100% latest then repeat your update of all the modules using the lanturtle interface or manually.  Hopefully the issues go away after that.

Edited by Just_a_User
  • Upvote 1

Thank you for your response! When I got it and attempted to update from the module, it simply said there were no updates available. I have not tried your other suggestions, and will promptly do so. 

I still ran into the exact same problems after doing the above process. Cannot install modules, despite being able to connect to the website. Also, I cannot start modulemanager

13 hours ago, jimmy1_1 said:

Cannot install modules, despite being able to connect to the website. Also, I cannot start modulemanager

Maybe try what this guy did, seems he had similar issue: -

Or just try with reinstalling module manager first: -

opkg update

opkg install curl

curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/hak5/lanturtle-wiki/gh-pages/modules/modulemanager -k -o modulemanager

chmod +x modulemanager

Edited by Just_a_User
  • Upvote 1