Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

coderipper

USB Rubber Ducky Firmware Documentation

Is there any documentation for the many USB Rubber Ducky firmware images?  From what I have been able to surmise in the forums, the duck.hex is the original firmware and the c_duck images are the Twin Duck variants.  Can anyone tell me what functions the other firmware images on GitHub might serve and whether they require keyboard interaction to function?

Composite_Duck_4cap.hex
Composite_Duck_S003.hex
Rand_Delay.hex
USB_Spammer_v1.0.hex
USB_v2.1.hex
c_duck_osx.hex
c_duck_uk.hex
c_duck_us.hex
c_duck_v2.1.hex
c_duck_v2_S001.hex
c_duck_v2_S002.hex
duck.hex
duck_v2.1.hex
duck_v2.hex
m_duck.hex
m_duck_v2.hex
osx.hex
usb.hex
usb_v2.hex

I think duck_v2.1.hex is the most current "standard" version of the ducky's firmware, which allows vid/pid swapping easily, but is just an HID keyboard (no mass storage)

I believe that all of the "c_duck_*" are HID+MassStorage, if I'm not mistaken. The rest I'm not so sure, the best bet would be to look through the source code just to be sure.

Thanks, kdodge.  While I was hoping for something like a consolidated summary, your suggestion should get me where I wish to go.  Back to GitHub.  >:|

Ive been having real trouble getting my ducky to work. I've reflashed it, I've updated the Atmel driver on it manually to the proper one, but I can't get it to initiate any payloads. The LED is solid red when inserted with a micro SD. Micro SD has already been formatted for FAT (default). I have also flashed with ducky-flasher. Still cannot get it to work. Any help would be much appreciated. I don't even know how to get in touch with anyone from their tech support or I'd try them.

You can email them, and they will respond, but they only have like 3 people doing the work of a hundred so be patient! Plus with the launch of Packet Squirrel this week they are going to probably be really jammed.

However, from the doc file above they mention "red flashing light"

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
I inserted my Ducky into a Windows Computer and nothing happens?
The Ducky’s LEDs are programmed to provide feedback to the user, flashing green LED usually means the computer and Ducky are talking to each other. A flashing red LED means the Ducky can’t read the SDcard.
Sometimes, the host OS is a bit slow and misses the Ducky’s commands while it is enumerating the device.  The Ducky’s button acts as a simple reply button in its default setting.
Try pushing the button on the Ducky… any lights? actions?
Check that the Ducky’s button has not become stuck (thus, always entering dfu-mode).
My Ducky is flashing Red, what now?
The Ducky’s LEDs are programmed to provide feedback to the user:
A flashing GREEN LED usually means the computer and Ducky are talking to each other.
A flashing RED LED means the Ducky can’t read the SDcard.
If you did not notice any LEDs:
Sometimes, the host OS is a bit slow and misses the Ducky’s commands while it is enumerating the device.  Try pushing the Ducky's GPIO Button it calls a REPLAY function?
The Ducky’s button acts as a simple reply button in its default setting. However, this button is also used to put the Ducky into DFU-MODE. Check the Ducky's Button is not stuck. Try pushing the button on the Ducky… any lights? actions?

Also you mentioned "updated the Atmel driver on it manually to the proper one".
Which driver exactly did you use?