Tetra/Nano 3G/4G Modem

White Lord

Good Morning Beautiful People!

I am looking to use and 3g/4g usb modem for the tetra/nano. I've scrubbed the forums and the only thing I found was a Huawei one thats for outside of the US. I am in New Jersey and I have good coverage with pretty much any carrier in the area I'm just confused on what USB modem I should get that 100% compatible and what carrier. Anybody currently using one? If so what model/carrier?

I'm new to this 3g/4g modem game but it would be nice to remotely deploy it. I have thought about buying a cheap phone with a prepaid data plan and just use USB Tether and the Pineapple Connector as well but would really prefer a USB 3g/4g modem.

Any help would be fantastic!

Thanks!

42 minutes ago, White Lord said:

Any help would be fantastic!

I would recommend watching this as a good starting point - it was filmed around the time of the MK5 pineapple. but a lot if not all of it is still applicable.

Edited by Just_a_User

8 minutes ago, White Lord said:

Sweet! I'll definitely check that out tonight. 

Thanks for the reply. 

YW, i have also seen a few 3g/4g modems that have a Ethernet socket built in. While not so useful for the nano, when used with the tetra would keep the USB port free for something else.

If using serial USB modems there is a Module made by Foxtrot for managing them.

Edited by Just_a_User