[Advanced Users]: besside-ng (5GHz Support)

Zylla

BESSIDE-NG - Customized for Pineapple TETRA

I'm writing a relative short post, as i don't feel like writing an entire article explaining how-to install this and use this.
I've compiled a customized version of besside-ng, that will automatically scan all the channels from 1 to 165.
The scan will take almost a minute to complete, compared to some seconds when only scanning the 2.4GHz range.
Also added option to only scan WEP or WPA networks.
I've also changed the directory that the logs gets saved to. They can now be found in /tmp
The files are as usual: wep.cap,   wpa.cap,   besside.log

As usual, you can find it ready and compiled on my GitHub repo:  (source-code is there as well)
https://github.com/adde88/besside-ng_pineapple

I will not be providing heavy support on this.
I might take a couple short questions, or if you have a good idea for any improvements i might take my time and implement it.

Cheerio!

This is a very cool tool.

I used both the original 2.4 only which was super fast but missed 5ghz only networks when using on a tetra.  And I also the 2.4 & 5ghz version which is much slower but gets all the things :)

The only thing i would like to see now is a switch to enable/disable 5ghz scanning for nano. As when run on my nano it still tried scanning the 5ghz networks which takes time and will never find anything.

Thank you @Zylla for the port to pineapple!

I just pushed an update. besside-ng will now automatically detect available channels. ;)
It will no longer attempt to scan 5ghz networks on the nano, plus the overall scan-time on the tetra should be a bit faster :)

@Zylla and others - when installing into the nano there is something you need to do. By default the nano uses /usr/lib/libnl-tiny.so but I think the script is looking for full libnl.

Error received = /besside-ng: can't load library 'libnl-genl-3.so.200 - To resolve error run "opkg install libnl"

I didnt try linking the libnl-tiny so that might also work. EDIT I have now tried the below links

ln -s /usr/lib/libnl-tiny.so /usr/lib/libnl-3.so.200
ln -s /usr/lib/libnl-tiny.so /usr/lib/libnl-genl-3.so.200

But get error ./besside-ng: can't resolve symbol 'genl_family_get_id'
So for now the full libnl is needed on the nano.

Enjoy this great little tool. Personally I think the handshake captures from it are better than SiteSurvey module. so far not a single bad handshake capture... not one!!! just a shame it deauths the pineapple's management wifi :) but maybe Zylla can do something about that in the future... well i hope :)

• 2 months later...
On 24.8.2017 at 5:18 PM, Just_a_User said:

just a shame it deauths the pineapple's management wifi :) but maybe Zylla can do something about that in the future... well i hope :)

Will look into it. This surely isn't something we want happening :)

We should definetly have an option to ignore certain MAC addresses.

I'm going over the source (written in C), and the different toggles are defined in main() (at line 3204)

It doesn''t look like it's alot of work creating such a toggle, but the function also has to be defined.

Interesting functions in source (for future reference):

• pwn() - (line 2935)
  • get_bssid() - (line 521)

Archived