Hak5 Forums
PoSHMagiC0de

BashBunny (Hardware 2.0) Maybe?

So, I saw this on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsTeedpYeg4

I immediately thought to myself, the BB would benefit from this.  This mode could be a 4th switch position or even an initialize mode like BLUETOOTH_ACTIVE.

Of course either way you go it would be a new BB since it would need a Bluetooth module.  How many things you would have available through the bluetooth I do not know but the remote control ability of that SupremeDuck made me curious.

UnLo   

its definitely an interesting project with a lot of potential. He doesn't seem to make very many at a time. Might have to try making this one....

There are quite a few WiFi cards that come with Bluetooth built-in nowadays. The trouble though is you have to find one small enough to fit in the Bunny, not to mention you have to re-manufacture/re-build the Bunny. I don't think it'll ever get WiFi/Bluetooth...

UnLo   
1 hour ago, Dave-ee Jones said:

There are quite a few WiFi cards that come with Bluetooth built-in nowadays. The trouble though is you have to find one small enough to fit in the Bunny, not to mention you have to re-manufacture/re-build the Bunny. I don't think it'll ever get WiFi/Bluetooth...

Plenty of full computers on HDMI stick have wifi and Bluetooth. It can definitely be crammed in there 

b0N3z   

I think the point was to keep it as small as possible with big power.  and thats what they did.  Why add wifi and other things that will eat power and cause more heat?

44 minutes ago, b0N3z said:

I think the point was to keep it as small as possible with big power.  and thats what they did.  Why add wifi and other things that will eat power and cause more heat?

Yeah, but with the use of ATTACKMODEs you can easily have those modules off. :)

54 minutes ago, UnLo said:

Plenty of full computers on HDMI stick have wifi and Bluetooth. It can definitely be crammed in there 

Mhm, but those are actually used for business/home environments most of the time - they aren't pentesting tools - they use the WiFi because they don't have an ethernet adapter on them (most of the time..). And a portable PC means you will need WiFi because WiFi = portable and portable PC = WiFi. Bash Bunny is a portable pentesting Linux box that's not used for everyday office/home use.

Edited by Dave-ee Jones