Jump to content
Hak5 Forums
PoSHMagiC0de

BashBunny (Hardware 2.0) Maybe?

Recommended Posts

So, I saw this on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsTeedpYeg4

I immediately thought to myself, the BB would benefit from this.  This mode could be a 4th switch position or even an initialize mode like BLUETOOTH_ACTIVE.

Of course either way you go it would be a new BB since it would need a Bluetooth module.  How many things you would have available through the bluetooth I do not know but the remote control ability of that SupremeDuck made me curious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
UnLo   

its definitely an interesting project with a lot of potential. He doesn't seem to make very many at a time. Might have to try making this one....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are quite a few WiFi cards that come with Bluetooth built-in nowadays. The trouble though is you have to find one small enough to fit in the Bunny, not to mention you have to re-manufacture/re-build the Bunny. I don't think it'll ever get WiFi/Bluetooth...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
UnLo   
1 hour ago, Dave-ee Jones said:

There are quite a few WiFi cards that come with Bluetooth built-in nowadays. The trouble though is you have to find one small enough to fit in the Bunny, not to mention you have to re-manufacture/re-build the Bunny. I don't think it'll ever get WiFi/Bluetooth...

Plenty of full computers on HDMI stick have wifi and Bluetooth. It can definitely be crammed in there 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
b0N3z   

I think the point was to keep it as small as possible with big power.  and thats what they did.  Why add wifi and other things that will eat power and cause more heat?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, b0N3z said:

I think the point was to keep it as small as possible with big power.  and thats what they did.  Why add wifi and other things that will eat power and cause more heat?

Yeah, but with the use of ATTACKMODEs you can easily have those modules off. :)

54 minutes ago, UnLo said:

Plenty of full computers on HDMI stick have wifi and Bluetooth. It can definitely be crammed in there 

Mhm, but those are actually used for business/home environments most of the time - they aren't pentesting tools - they use the WiFi because they don't have an ethernet adapter on them (most of the time..). And a portable PC means you will need WiFi because WiFi = portable and portable PC = WiFi. Bash Bunny is a portable pentesting Linux box that's not used for everyday office/home use.

Edited by Dave-ee Jones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×