Restore initial top panel to Kali Linux

doctorized

I had a top panel like the one in the attached file "original.png". I tried to costimize it and now looks like the attached file "now.jpg". What can I do to bring it back to how it was? I mean clock and root go back to the right corner and add network manager too. "window buttons" doesn't have the wide fixed length but every time I open a new window it increases its length. How can I fix it? I have Kali linux 2017.1 light x86.

original.png

now.jpg

What is the desktop interface?  XFCE?

I don't use the light version, but you can try right clicking the toolbar/panel(s). In Gnome, you would use the TweakUI tool, in KDE, you right click the Panel(taskbar) to add items, but not sure in XFCE and other interfaces. Can also try system settings and see the general theme and desktop options.

edit: I'm going to download the light version and have a look.

Edited by digip

7 minutes ago, digip said:

What is the desktop interface?  XFCE?

I don't use the light version, but you can try right clicking the toolbar/panel(s). In Gnome, you would use the TweakUI tool, in KDE, you right click the Panel(taskbar) to add items, but not sure in XFCE and other interfaces. Can also try system settings and see the general theme and desktop options.

I did right click and played with the settings. I added items but they are all left alligned. Before that, they were right alligned, at least some of them. I didn't find a way to bring them back to the right of the panel. I didn't find a way to re-add network manager.

1 hour ago, digip said:

http://imgur.com/a/VRphE

See the image, right click for new panel, then add the notification item back in.

Thanx to your photo I managed to set them as they were. My problem was the separator that wanted to enable the "Expand" property. Also your photo helped me find that network manager was actually "Notification area". Now, everything is back to normal. Thanx a lot my friend! Be good!!